Connor G Meehan / Strat Comm
Connor G Meehan
Williamsburg, VA 23188 ------------ ------------
Elon University, Elon, NC May 2019 Dean’s List 2016, 2017, 2018
Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communications with Minor Studies in Political Science
• Created interdepartmental newsletter for Smithfield Foods’ Supply Chain division, serving a national audience for this international company and delivering timely messages to the department’s personnel.
• Used on-line tools, local and national newspapers, social media posts, and archive materials to research issues and positions for clients of the Chwat Group, developing materials to express those positions across multiple platforms.
• Wrote, directed, and edited a video short to promote Elon University’s LEAD program, interviewing current participants and program leadership for inclusion in the final web-based presentation.
• Gathered information, comments, and edits from all levels of Smithfield’s Supply Chain Division to create PowerPoint-based tools and templates that provided a holistic look and tone to future corporate presentations.
• Managed a database of more than 200 university students, tracking student progress through Elon University’s Leadership Program (LEAD) requirements.
• Developed and executed, as part of a Chwat Group project team, strategies to communicate client issues, concerns, and messages to political leaders and the general public through position papers, press releases, and social media posts.
• Served as a student researcher conducting data analysis of traditional news media and social media comparing the use of specific words to frame positions on national events.
• Created collaborative SharePoint site for use by Smithfield Foods Supply Chain Division allowing them to manage logistics materials, division paperwork, and sales reports used by division’s nationwide workforce.
Office Assistant - Elon University’s Center for Leadership, January 2017 - Present
Student Assistant - Elon University’s Director for Leadership Studies, September 2015 - January 2017
Communications Summer Associate - Smithfield Foods, Smithfield, VA June - August 2018
Human Resources Assistant (Summer Internship), SSAI, Hampton, VA May 2016 - August 2017
Research Assistant (Internship) - The Chwat Group, Alexandria, VA January 2018 - May 2018
Political Communication Research Lab 2018 - 2019
Operated as a researcher with the other students conducting content analysis of political and news publications.
Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) 2017 - Present
Current member of this Strategic Communications and Public Relations student organization that supports university level communications students through career information, professional networking, and continuing education.
Leaders in a Global World LLC Mentor 2015 - 2017
Mentor to incoming freshmen allowing them to adapt to college life