Competition Cheerleading, Gymnastics, and Tumbling Instructor. Also has some choreography experience.
To whom it may concern:
My name is Madison Flynt and I am a college student from Lawrenceville, GA. I attend Shorter University and I am working towards a major in Sports Management. I dream of owning my own cheer gym some day so I am seeking to gain more experience in this industry. I am looking to find a job in coaching children, teens, and even special needs teams in competition cheerleading or tumbling. I am looking to fill a tumbling instructor or team coaching position. I specialize in stunting and I have just started training as a choreographer. I competed on a level 3 cheer team in middle school through high school. In college I have coached in various different capacities. I am experienced in coaching levels 1-3 and I can coach and spot levels 1-4 tumbling. I coached a special needs team for 5 years as well. I have also coached gymnastics and dance briefly. I am teachable and willing to learn how to coach higher levels.
I am interested in working for this program because sports have been a huge part of my life. Sports helped teach me about discipline and teamwork, which are important life lessons. Cheer shaped me into the person I am today. I spent 12 years of my life cheerleading and it brought so much joy to my life. Now I want to bring that joy to the next generation of cheerleaders. I have worked with children for years in many different capacities. I have traveled the country and coached at various cheer camps and sports camps. I want to teach children the love of sports while also instructing proper technique. I also want to help children learn in a fun and active way. Whether it is small children or high schoolers. I have been involved in assisting various cheer teams including one I helped start in Zambia, Africa with Fellowship of Christian Cheerleaders (FCC). I also taught a tumbling class while I was in Peru and will be running a sports camp in Colombia coming soon. I have worked with children and teens in recreational activities in the Dominican Republic and locally. I hope to utilize these same skills in teaching children while working in your gym.
I have attached my resume below. I work in the evenings currently so my best time of contact is in the mornings. I am always available for a phone call interview. I look forward to meeting you in person!
Madison E. Flynt
1996 Alcovy Trace Way Lawrenceville, GA 30045 ∙------------∙ ------------
SUMMARY Enthusiastic college student looking for a job utilizing my knowledge of tumbling, cheerleading, and basic gymnastics.
EXPERIENCE Kroger Pharmacy Dacula, GA
Licensed Pharmacy Tech – March 2016 – July 2016
Supervisor: Delane Long------------
- Count out medications and label prescription bottles
- Process customer transactions at front counter and drive thru
- Answer questions or refer customers to the pharmacist
- Assist customers in finding over the counter products
Reason for Leaving: I did not wish to pursue a career in pharmacy
East Coast Cheer Allstars Sandy Springs, GA- August 2016-January 2017.
Supervisor: Pamela Manley------------
After school, preschool, tumbling. Stunt coach and stunt choreographer.
-Taught cheers, stunts, and choreography at River wood Charter School 8th grade Jr. Raiders with East Coast cheer.
-Teaching ages 3 and 4 basic motor skills and basic tumbling.
-Teaching an after school level 1 and 2 tumbling class for 6 and 7 year olds.
-Teaching the all-star teams level 2-3 tumbling skills
-Coaching 3 All-star stunt groups for competition.
-Choreographed and was the head coach for 1 level 3 stunt group.
-Coached a level 2 stunt group (never competed)
-Coached a level 5 stunt group as an assistant coach.
-All stunt teams came in 1st place at every competition in 2016.
Reason for Leaving: Competition season was over and the drive was just too far.
Hebron Hornets Cheerleading Dacula, GA . Cheered 2009-2015 Volunteered 2011-2017
President of FCC: Cary Coleman------------
Supervisors: Eric Hoffman------------, Lisa Hoffman------------, Soji Ezekiel------------, Chonte Ezekiel------------
Volunteer Helper- special needs team, and 2nd and under team
- Assisted coaches with choreography, stunting, and formations for the special needs team.
- Assisted coaches in reinforcing proper behavior.
- Provided support and encouragement to special needs cheerleaders
- Helped develop cheerleader’s skills while working within their limitations
- Escorted cheerleaders at the competitions
- Taught stunts to the special needs cheerleaders
- Special needs team place 13th at Cheer sport Nationals.
- Coached a level 1 2nd and under cheer squad as an assistant coach. I helped with stunt and tumbling choreography.
- Level 1 team place 2nd at Nationals.
Reason for Leaving: Season is over and it’s a no pay volunteer position. Still lightly involved in the program from time to time.
UW Sports Ministry-Nationwide(Home office is in Bluffton, SC)
Summer Staff Intern/ Empowerment team-Cheer Coach-June and July 2016-June and July 2017-Current
Supervisors Ed Pulkinen------------, Tim Conrad------------
- Coaching the cheer portion of sport camps for 8 weeks.
- Travel to a different city or state each week.
- Teaching chants and a cheer routine to perform at the end of the week.
- Teaching Bible stories and motions to worship songs.
Reason for Leaving: Summer job only but I occasionally recruit for them in the off-season.
Sugar Hill Stars Tumbling –Sugar Hill Christian Academy, Sugar Hill,GA 2016-current
Supervisor: Karen Coleman------------
-Teaching after school level 1-3 tumbling to kids K-5th grade.
-Mat clean up and set up
-Making a curriculum so each student can achieve his or her tumbling goal by the end of the year.
Reason For Leaving: Currently still and instructor once a week for one hour.
House Call Cheer-Gwinnett, Barrow, and Walton County, GA 2016-2017
Teaching Tumbling to anyone in the comfort of their own home
Supervisor: Madison Flynt (reference Brooke Hoffman------------)
-Providing affordable prices to Impact program (FCC) cheerleaders who may not be able to afford tumbling at a gym.
- Providing Tumbling for those who have a busy schedule and I can adjust to their schedule.
-Providing tumbling for those who learn better from private lessons and at home than in a gym.
-Providing tumbling for homeschoolers who wish to start the day with tumbling class.
-Providing after school tumbling.
-Providing my own mats and curriculum for tumbling.
-Teaching safe conditioning drills and skills drills for the client to safely practice on their own time.
-Making sure each client achieves their goal by tryouts, evaluations, and team placement.
-Offering babysitting service for parents to leave their home if needed during tumbling class.
Currently still offering private tumble lessons.
Georgia Dance Unlimited Dacula, GA
Tumbling and Cheer skills class instructor-September 2016-June 2017
Supervisor: Jennifer Tyson
- Coaching ages 5-12 level 1 and 2 tumbling skills.
- Teaching jumps and stretches to make jumps better.
- Teaching Cheer dance class.
- Teaching level 1 stunts.
- Choreographing 2 routines (for cheer class and tumble class) for a recital.
Reason of Leaving: Not enough hours available.
The Little Gym of Snellville Snellville, GA
Assistant and Lead Gymnastics class/dance class/birthday/camp instructor August 2016-Present
Supervisor: Paul Mazurkiewicz
-Following and leading directive music while keeping children engaged
-Demonstrating energy & enthusiasm to kids and parents in class and at the desk
- Movement Analysis of children's gymnastics skills
-Growing children's skills through accurate and positive feedback during class
- Learning & implementing a structured Lesson Plan written by our panel of experts
- Learning & performing correct spotting for gymnastics and/or dance skills
- Providing positive feedback & identifying growth opportunities to children
- Answering the phone and applicable questions about our programs
- Selling the program in relation to customer's needs and wants
- Providing a high level of professionalism to every customer
- Teaching gymnastics and dance skills levels 1-4 to ages 3-12 years old.
Reason for leaving: Currently still an instructor but looking for a job in the competition industry for gymnastics and preferably cheerleading.
Hebron Baptist Church Dacula, GA
Ministry Volunteer– June 2010 – Present
- Assisted with entertaining preschoolers during Vacation Bible Camp through drama, music, technology, and recreation
- Utilized skills to provide entertainment as well as worship through drama, music, and dance for elementary age children
- Taught Bible stories and provided arts and crafts in various villages through multiple mission trips to the Dominican Republic
- Assisted with recreational activities for children and adults in the Dominican Republic
- Taught tumbling and assisted in acro dance class in Pucallpa, Peru.
- Provided worship entertainment through dance and music as well as free games and food for people in the inner cities of Atlanta, Chattanooga, and Birmingham
- Helping with a sports camp in Colombia.
Shorter University Online Lawrenceville,GA
College , August 2016-Present
Truett-McConnell College Lawrenceville, GA
Dual enrollment, 2014-2016
Faith Christian Academy Lawrenceville, GA
High School Diploma, May 2016
Cheer, Cherleading Coach, Tumbling Coach, Choregrapher, Dance, Gymnastics