Colin Baumgartner Resume
Substitute Teacher ; Richmond & Henrico Schools - 2017-present
- Worked as a substitute in secondary schools in and around the city, engaging with students & staff.
Project Inclusion Mentor, Virginia - February 2017
- Helped high school students with activities & discussions about identity/race/sex during a four day camp.
Theater Arts & English Teacher, Hampton City Schools - 2016-2017 school year
Taught drama classes and acted as sponsor/director of the school drama club.
Attended staff meetings, worked with parents, and attended retreats with students.
US Teaching Assistant Program of the Austrian Ministry of Education and Women's Affairs (BMBF), coordinated by the Austrian-American Education Fulbright Commission - 2015-2016 school year
Taught English classes in two Austrian Gymnasium (secondary schools).
Worked with 14- to 18-year-old Austrian students on discussions, reading, and writing activities.
Professional Development School Intern — 2013-2014 school year
- Co-taught three 11th grade English classes and one 12th grade English class.
- Taught and planned a unit around Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried.
- Attended staff meetings and workshops and collaborated with other English teachers.
Teaching Internship in Vienna — Spring 2013 — 4 hours every week
- Worked at the Polgar Gymnasium with 5a and 7a classes as an assistant and discussion leader.
- Created a class blog for students so they could write to a real audience about their interests.
ESL Mentor, Easterly Parkway — Spring 2012
Worked with a diverse group of elementary school ESL students in an ESL classroom as well as providing assistance in math and science classes.
Established a great tutor-pupil relationship with non-native speakers
Dealt with challenges of language barriers to engage in reading and writing with 3rd-4th grade students.
Lifelink PSU Mentor — Fall 2011
Assisted with campus Special Education program by helping out during lunch hour and short excursions.
Gained great insight into teaching students with disabilities by developing relationships with 7 students in a smaller group, as well as in a larger group of around 20.
Education, Teacher, English, Secondary