Claire Cassidy Resume
Claire Lorraine Cassidy
San Diego Area, CA
Communications, Public Relations
Dedicated communications and public relations novice seeking opportunities to gain experience in the field of event planning and coordination. I have a passion for envisioning events, parties, and weddings, building an action plan then executing on it. Keen ability to focus on requirements, logistics, delivery, budget, timeline, and customer needs to deliver predicable outcomes and tangible results.
Photography (Film and Digital) Microsoft Office Products Final Cut Pro
Blogging Social Media Consulting InDesign
• Public Relations Board 2016-2017: Participated in a committee focused on creating awareness of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority on campus through the use of social media.
• Community Service Board 2015-2016: As a member of Kappa Alpha Theta I am on my sororities Community Service and Philanthropy Board. I helped make decisions that regard our philanthropy, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), and contribute ideas to how our sorority can obtain service hours and opportunities.
• Sister to Sister 2011-2014: Sister-to-Sister is a program that connects middle and high school girls in a supportive environment to address both the empowering and the challenging aspects of adolescence. I helped lead groups in discussions about different elements of high school and middle school as well as daily life that can be challenging and hard to deal with.
• Lafayette Art and Wine Festival 2007-2014: Volunteered at Lafayette's Art and Wine Festival cleaning up trash, directing people to booths and helping clean up and take down the festival after it was done. Also worked in group to sell tickets for fundraising money to support local athletics at the high school through boosters.
• Special Olympics 2010-2014: Helped to set up and guide special needs participants through the special Olympics program and to provide support through encouragement.
• Hospice Thrift Shoppe 2014: Volunteered time in the Hospice Thrift shop by sorting through clothes, price tagging and cleaning facility in order to help raise money towards keeping Hospice going in the East Bay Area.
She Rocks Awards, Los Angeles CA
Event Volunteer (2015, 2018, 2019)
The She Rocks Awards pays tribute to women who display leadership and stand out within the music and audio industry and is a premier event during the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) event, bringing together industry professionals, music icons, artists, fans and the media.
• Volunteer member responsible for venue set-up including seating assignment and arraignment, gift bags, and hospitality area.
• Guest service member during and after the She Rocks Awards event including liaison with NAMM event team.
Baby Bird Communications, San Diego CA
Public Relations Intern (June 2018 - August 2018)
A new kind of creative agency helping clients to merge well thought-out strategy with striking creative. Specializing in crafting impactful, emotive and memorable stories through marketing, video and other tactics.
• In charge of assembly and distribution of multiple social media calendars, highlighting key promotional activities for the firm and subsidiary restaurant enterprise.
• Organized media lists and press releases promoting key initiatives to drive greater visibility to the high value events such as San Diego Beer Week.
Sprinkles on Sunday Instagram Account, San Diego CA
Social Media Intern (2017- 2018)
Sprinkles on Sunday (SoS) is an advertising web site and blog for fashion, beauty, fitness, and lifestyle trends created by Jen Grech. Jen’s target audience is women age 15-30 interested in keeping up to date on the latest tendencies
• Promoted follower engagement on posts by replying to comments (on SoS account).
• Sought out and engaged with other influencers to create a shared awareness and increase followers.
Mad Sun Marketing, Boston, MA
Public Relations Intern (May 2017- September 2018)
Mad Sun Marketing is a boutique agency specializing in marketing strategy and execution, PR, artist relations, graphic production, eNewsletters, web development, social marketing, advertising and materials, video and photo shoot direction, and writing for music, audio and musical instrument companies.
• Created press releases for Mad Sun clients, facilitated review and approvals, applied revisions as needed, distributed to target audience.
• Participated in interviews sessions with musicians.
• Compiled, organized, and maintained press lists for media distribution.
Anthropologie, San Diego, CA
Sales Associate (July 2016 - August 2018, September 2019), Senior Associate (October 2019), Keyholder/MIT (November 2019)
• Excels at customer service responsibilities including reconciliation of payment issues, returns, shipping, and exchanges. Handles customer issues, leads team members, impacts sales, operates and closes system including counting money.
• Assists customers in apparel selection and coordination, gift recommendations, and style enhancements.
• A valued team member placed in various leadership positions and responsible for mentoring and training new hires, promoted twice within 2 months
Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority, Eugene OR
UNIVERSITY OF SAN DIEGO (2017-2018)
BA Communication Degree, Graduated December 2018
Study Abroad experience: Sundance Film Festival 2017
UNIVERSITY OF OREGON (2014-2016)
Public Relations Major
References available upon request.
communication, social media, public relations,