Christina Nessen Resume
1310 Bruce Ave. Glendale, CA 91202 ------------------------
California Polytechnic University San Luis Obispo
Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Maranatha High School, Pasadena, CA
High Honors, Dean’s List
COMMUNITY SERVICE & EXPERIENCE
Dominican Republic Mission Trip, Santiago, DR Volunteer
June 2021 June 2017
June 2017 – June 2017 • Traveled to DR to help build houses, play with the children, and work at the water sanitization center.
YWCA, Glendale, CA June 2013 - July 2017 YWCA Summer Camp Counselor
• Worked with 40 kids ages 3-12 for two weeks every summer; organized games in the gym, helped with arts and crafts and taught non-swimmers how to float and swim.
Door of Hope Homeless Shelter, Glendale, CA April 2014 – April 2016 Shelter Volunteer
• Celebrated birthdays with residents. Played games and entertained many young children.
LEADERSHIP & ACTIVITIES
Agricultural Business Management Club/NAMA, San Luis Obispo September 2017 - Present Member
• Attended monthly meetings, worked the Rodeo, CAFES career fair and attended the Fancy Food Show
Delta Gamma Fraternity, San Luis Obispo, CA January 2018 - January 2019 Programming Committee Leader
• Planned Sisterhood Events and our Formal Dance; organized yearly calendar
WOW Leader, San Luis Obispo, CA January 2018 - September 2018 Group Leader
• Went through over 45 hours of training to provide incoming freshman with the best possible first week here in SLO
• Planned 5 full days from 8am-12am; where we went to info sessions, kayaking and more.
Associated Student Body, Pasadena, CA August 2015 - June 2017
• Managed and posted all senior class social media platforms, created posters and visuals
• Planned social events including Winter Formal Dance, fundraisers and other activities
Student Ambassador, Pasadena, CA August 2013 – June 2017
• Lead prospective Student-Parent tours; Planned Freshman Visitation Days and Grandparents’ Day.
Soccer, Pasadena, CA Athlete
• CIF Regional State Champion, CIF Olympic League Soccer Champion
• Four Year Varsity Letter, Coaches Award (twice), Most Inspirational
National Charity League, Glendale, CA Senior Class President (12), VP Programs (11)
August 2016 - March 2017
May 2014 - February 2017
• Lead many peer meetings; discussed philanthropy work, leadership skills and class obligations
• Took photographs at all events posted them on our social media and distributed to members.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop
• Advanced experience using social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Basic proficiency in Spanish
kids, summer, helped