Chris Robles CV
Chris Robles, BSME
------------ |------------ | Houston, TX
Motivated recent Mechanical Engineering graduate with Safety Training, Industrial Design, and leadership experience. Pursuing an immediate Entry-level Mechanical Engineer position. Reliable candidate capable of delivering excellent work on time with high standards. Personable and knowledgeable team member, excited to grow skills and learn new trades.
Leadership Adaptability Team Environment
Technical Writing Detail-Oriented Inquisitive
Analytical Interpersonal Quality Assurance
AutoCAD Inventor MATLAB & Mathcad
NASA Texas Space Grant Consortium – Houston, TX 8/2018 – 6/2019
Mechanical Engineering Design & Researcher – EVA CAM Tool
• Collaborated with a team of 5 engineer students to design, review, and build mechanical prototypes.
• Contributed to the advancement of visual communication methods in effort to reduce maintenance time.
• Analyzed 10 different configurations of mechanical clamps using finite element analysis software to figure out an optimal design.
• Utilized computer-aided drafting software to generate manufacturing detailed drawings and 3D models.
• Organized presentations highlighting important results and progression of the project, securing placement, funding and product testing.
University of Texas at Tyler – Houston, TX 8/2018 – 6/2019
Teacher Assistant and Lab Technician
• Coordinated materials, conducted lab sessions, and graded reports and coursework for over 80 students.
• Authored curriculum for several engineering courses and labs, achieving approval and implementation.
Wyman-Gordon – Houston, TX 5/2010 – 3/2014
• Drove Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policy standards through personal commitment.
• Developed new training material and reduced outsourcing, resulting in a 15% cost savings annually.
• Scheduled and oversaw workforce training, ensuring certification/license validation and documentation.
• Improved occupational safety and health compliance through cross-departmental collaboration.
• Performed regular safety inspections, then communicated and verified corrective actions.
• Applied OSHA quality control standards to ensure compliance within a 1 million square foot facility.
• Gained experience and knowledge in a manufacturing environment for pipe and turbine operations.
• Coordinated with operators, maintenance, and engineers to document and write operations, maintenance, repair, and special test procedures, providing workers with better resources for continued growth.
• Identified opportunity for implementing a real-time union-to-management safety engagement system.
Aquent – Warren, MI 5/2008 – 9/2010
• Lead and delegated tasks to a multi-disciplinary team on small design projects.
• Utilized solid modelling software to design, simulate, and analyze pre-production packaging.
• Applied technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop customized customer-centric designs.
• Prepared detailed design proposals and engineering cost estimates for new products.
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
8/2017 – 5/2019
Event Coordinator Officer
• Planned and implemented 3 STEM outreach programs to inspire future engineers.
• Supervised 5 other officers to ensure fundraisers, social events, and other organization activities were in order and executed correctly.
• Coordinated 100 volunteers at events with upwards of 2000 participants.
University of Texas at Tyler, TX 5/2019
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) GPA: 3.42
Leadership, Adapability, teamwork, technical writing, detail-oriented, inquisitive, interpersonal