Feb/20013 – Sep/2018 Spring Baptist Church / Children’s Pastor
• Created and managed a team of over 200 volunteers and paid staff in children’s ministry including Sunday morning worship and Sunday School, small groups, AWANA, Vacation Bible School (VBS), and summer programs.
• Created a new science-based Wednesday night summer program increasing Wednesday night attendance from 50 to 120 kids.
• Created a discipleship program for pre-teens to train them on missions and serving in the local church.
• Reprogrammed VBS to be more efficient and effective utilizing less space and reducing cost while increasing attendance from 600 to 872 kids.
• Create and lead Bible study classes for children and preteens.
• Create and teach discipleship classes for parents.
• Oversee the adult and children’s special needs department including recruiting and training volunteers, organizing activities, family involvement, and education services.
Aug/2009 – Feb/2013 Gateway Baptist Church / Children's Pastor
• Created and managed a team of 50 volunteer and paid staff in children’s ministry including Sunday morning worship and small groups, AWANA, VBS, and Summer programs.
• Oversaw the Mother’s-Day-Out weekday education ministry.
• Oversaw fulltime daycare program.
• Created a new Wednesday night summer program increasing Wednesday night attendance from 12 to 85 kids.
• Re-energized Summer camp increasing attendance from 15 to 45 kids.
2012-Present Southern Baptist of Texas Convention (SBTC) - VBS Team leader
• Recruit team members from area churches to organize and host the VBS conventions in Spring, TX and San Antonio, TX.
• Create opening sessions and family worship rally experiences to demonstrate to attendees.
• Lead workshops to train leaders in VBS.
• Average attendance of 300 attendees.
2003-2016 AWANA ministry team - Southeast Texas
• “Master Trainer” for the Southeast Texas area.
• Organized and served at all major AWANA events for Southeast Texas.
• Assisted and trained churches to implement the AWANA program.
August 2015 SBTC Equip Conference – Workshop leader
• Created and led breakout workshops for Pre-teen ministries
1993-2009 Children’s Ministry Volunteer
• Teaching Sunday School for all ages preschool through preteen.
• AWANA commander.
• Wrote curriculum and led large and small groups for Children’s camp.
RELEVANT SECULAR EXPERIENCE
Sep/2018 – Jan/2019 General Manager-Urban Air Sugarland
• Hire, train, coach and encourage High School students to work with children.
• Responsible for all aspects of running as successful store including inventory and quality control, customer service and operations.
Feb/2001 – Aug/2009 Licensed commercial insurance agent.
• Trained customers in the areas of facility and employee safety, risk management, and financial planning.
• Assessed the needs of the client and created proposals to serve those needs.
• Presented proposals to large companies and board of directors.
• Conducted training classes to train other agents.
1988-1993 United States Air Force – Enlisted
• Communications and Computer Systems Specialist.
• Honorably Discharged.
2017-present Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
• Currently pursuing Certificate in Children’s and Weekday Education.
Charles Draper Education and Family Pastorxxx-xxx-xxxx xxx-xxx-xxxx Spring Baptist Church
Leo Loughmiller Student Pastorxxx-xxx-xxxx xxx-xxx-xxxx
Spring Baptist Church
Gloria Hammock Directorxxx-xxx-xxxx xxx-xxx-xxxx
Spring Baptist Academy
Rick Fowlkes Senior Pastorxxx-xxx-xxxx xxx-xxx-xxxx
Gateway Baptist Church
Anthony Manzelli Children’s Ministry Leaderxxx-xxx-xxxx xxx-xxx-xxxx
Gateway Baptist Church
Dr. Karen Kennemur Professorxxx-xxx-xxxx xxx-xxx-xxxx