John Chance Mannix
45 Washington St, Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY 12520 |------------
------------ | ------------
May 2019 - Syracuse University, David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics, Syracuse, NY,
B.S. Sport Management
August 2020-September 2020 – Player Operations Associate, U.S. Tennis Association, New York, New York
• Worked as part of Player Operations staff for 2020 U.S. Open.
• Maintained presentation and operation of player fitness centers, as well as players’ private suites, at the National Tennis Center while enforcing COVID-19 health protocols.
• Assisted players and coaches with issues regarding fitness equipment, private massage rooms, and addressed any other potential needs.
July 2019-December 2019 - Development Academy Associate, U.S. Soccer Federation, Chicago, IL
• Assist the U.S. Development Academy with day-to-day operations, such as handling the Academy email inbox and player/coach registration.
• Constant communication with DA clubs’ staff to answer questions and solve problems.
• Worked on event operations staff for regional and national Academy events. Responsibilities included on-site coordination of event staff and their tasks, meals, daily set-up and breakdown of facility, and solving any issues clubs on-site may have with player registration, rosters, scheduling, etc.
January 2019-June 2019 - Club Services Intern, United Soccer League, Tampa, FL
• Implemented all ticket and corporate sales revenue data with comparison of team information through Excel spreadsheets.
• Created seasonal forecast charts of league sales figures, and monitored current and future revenue goals. Discovered that reps who are retained, for a second year, double their revenue generated on average.
• Took notes during advisory conference calls with clubs’ staff to establish and maintain goals to promote their success.
April 2018-July 2018 - Player Development Intern, Syracuse FC (NPSL), Syracuse, NY
• Assisted with training sessions; helped organize drills, as well as warmup on match-days.
• Coordinated equipment and food, for players, for both training sessions and match-days.
• Gained hands-on experience with game-day operations. Hung banners, handled ticketing and merchandise stands, coordinated game-day promotions, and assisted with player interviews.
LEADERSHIP AND INVOLVEMENT
August 2017-August 2018 - Club Member, ‘Cuse Crew, Syracuse, NY
• Worked game-day operations for all Syracuse athletics.
• Maximized fan experience and ensured fan satisfaction.
• Collaborated with peers and mentors, organizing and executing marketing strategies and pregame events.
• Gained hands-on experience working in a successful collegiate athletic department.
September 2015-August 2016 - Youth Coach, Cornwall United Soccer Club, Cornwall, NY
• Provided training direction, encouragement, motivation, and nutritional advice for the athletes.
• Assisted in planning organizing, and conducting training sessions.
APPLICABLE SKILLS AND INTERESTS
• Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Strong communication and people skills