Creative Support & Direction
Excellent leadership, business acumen, and artistic talent leveraged to deliver quality marketing, provide first-class support to award-winning directors, and oversee large- and small-scale artistic projects.
Solid success directing and supporting a broad range of revenue-generating design projects, from conception through launch. Partner cross-functionally to build consensus and ensure projects meet all milestones, deadlines, and budget requirements. Intuitively adapt to new technology and innovative processes while ensuring compliance with corporate standards.
Areas of Emphasis
• Full Life Cycle Project Management
• Set & Production Design
• Organization & Prioritization
• Artistic & Creative Design
• Press Releases and Media Kits
• Script Rewrites & Approvals
• Leadership & Collaboration
• Executive-Level Assistance
Director’s Assistant, 1/2018 to 3/2018
Selected by an award-winning director to manage and assist the creative and operational teams.
Collaborated with diverse teams, representing the director in the oversight of all script writing, revisions, production, casting decisions and talent management. Provided administrative support and leadership to ensure effective and efficient direction of daily activities, establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors, and organizing schedules and projects.
• Created look books for production team reference, providing information to assist set and costume designers and inform production team of director’s vision.
• Scouted locations, matching environment with scenery strategies, and secured permissions and negotiating contracts to ensure legal use and achieve savings of 50%.
• Supported the casting process, vetting and interviewing talent to identify traits to meet the expectations of director and help define characters outlined in the script.
CEDAR MILLER Page 2
Mister Smith Entertainment
Marketing Assistant, 10/2015 to 12/2017
Provided world-class support and leadership for international campaigns to promote major films.
Interpreted marketing strategies and programs, providing creative oversight and supporting initiatives by organizing and managing international projects and campaigns. Coordinated with the creative staff and legal division to monitor marketing materials and ensure compliance with international regulations, industry standards and expected qualities. Worked with international distributors and vendors to promote films, supporting local marketing events and compiling release and ticket sales statistics to create accurate reporting. Administered to the daily schedules, telecommunications and organizational needs of the company and LA-based marketing teams.
• Successfully assisted in fulfilling million-dollar contracts with key client Amblin Partners films on international marketing campaigns.
• Edited and approved marketing materials for key films like “The Light Between Oceans,” “A Dog’s Purpose,” “The BFG,” “Office Christmas Party,” “Ghost in the Shell” and “The Girl on the Train.”
• Planned and facilitated events to promote productions, coordinating international press junkets, collaborating with distributors and managing premier promotions.
Independent Artistic Creator
Designer & Artist, 6/2000 to 11/2013
Managed a team in developing, rendering and expanding art concepts to create designs and complete commissions for private collectors.
Led a team of independent artists in the creation of artistic endeavors to meet the requirements and expectations of clients, designing site-specific sculptures and directing creative teams in project fabrication and distribution.
• Established a business plan to attract potential clients, meeting with contacts and setting expectations for each project based upon the setting, client desires and sculpture requirements.
• Created bids and proposals to win projects and participate in group and solo shows in highly visible areas, ensuring accuracy and completion of all documentation for full compliance.
• Completed over $50,000 in private commissions.
Screenwriting Course, 2017, UCLA Extension
Master of Fine Arts, 2011, Otis College of Art and Design
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Minor in Theater), Flagler College
Executive Assistant, Creative Assistant, production assistant