Catherine Keating Resume
Elon University, School of Communications
Bachelor of Arts: Strategic Communications
Minors: Psychology & Business Administration
Related coursework: Media Writing, Creating Multimedia Content, Web and Media Communications, Public Relations and Civic Responsibility, Strategic Writing, Strategic Research Methods, and Corporate Publishing.
Study Abroad: Central European Studies, Prague, Czech Republic.
Brand Ambassador, Hinted, New York, NY May 2018-Present
● Promoted Hinted, a start-up social shopping platform, by advertising their partnered products, keeping an updated
personal profile, and bringing in new clients.
Personal Assistant, LT Interiors Inc., Rye, NY June 2018-August 2018
● Reorganized the company office space, updated contact sheet on Excel, and created fifty new design accounts.
● Formulated relations with distributors by placing client orders, creating accounts, and requesting price lists and
● Wrote emails, made calls, tracked orders, and ran errands in order for the company to be proactive daily.
PR Committee, ElonThon Elon University November 2017-2018
● Administered social media posts on Instagram and Facebook for ElonThon in order to promote an increase in
student registration and corresponded with other committees to improve dancer morale.
● Documented Miracle Children’s stories and hourly fundraising goals throughout the 24-hour event in order to
motivate donors to contribute to the cause.
Intern, Elon Summer Storage, Elon, NC November 2016- May 2018
● Managed the brand’s reputation and popularity on campus through the use of social media and personal relationships; participated in the creation of a video advertisement
Counselor, Whitby School, Greenwich, CT Summer 2016, 2017 ● Worked with children in the summer program; responsible for guiding their hands-on learning while remaining
true to the Montessori style of independent teaching
Sales Clerk, Crave Boutique, Greenwich, CT March-September 2016
● Operated the boutique autonomously and ensured operations were run smoothly
● Engaged with customers in a friendly and helpful manner to answer questions and assist in finding merchandise
● Oversaw cash and credit transactions, always ensuring an accurate count at the end of each shift
LEADERSHIP & SERVICE
Elon Club Squash, Vice President (Current) Treasurer (2017)
High School Varsity Squash, Captain Peer Leadership Program, Peer Leader Neighbor to Neighbor, Volunteer
SKILLS & HONORS
Computer: Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint), Google (Drive, Docs, Slides) Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, vSCO, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn
Other: Public Speaking, Photography, Writing