Washington, D.C. ------------- - ------------ - ------------/in/callyperkins _____________________________________________________________________________________
The University of Mississippi University, MS
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Applied Sciences, June 2019
Majors: Political Science, Paralegal Studies Minor: Law Studies
Cumulative GPA: 3.4
______________________________________________________________________________ Honors & Activities
- Chancellor’s Honor Roll - Dean’s Honor Roll
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society - Study USA Program
- Provost Scholar - Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society
Press Secretary, Washington D.C. Congressman Tom Rice, February 2020- Present
Responsibilities include: Serving as liaison to national and local news outlets on the record and background; Drafting and delivering rapid response materials for the Congressman; Developing and promoting yearly and weekly communication strategies; Pitching and Booking the Congressman for television and radio interviews locally and nationally; Working with the Ways and Means press team to develop communications messaging; Developing and publishing high-quality content for the Congressman’s website and social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Director of Communications, South Carolina Tom Rice for Congress, February 2020- Present
Responsibilities include: Coordinating with press locally and nationally; Creating and placing all advertisements; Developing content for all communications/media platforms; Managing day to day operations; Planning community outreach events and initiatives while ensuring appropriate media coverage; Drafting opinion pieces on relevant issues.
Staff Assistant, Washington, D.C. Congressman Trent Kelly, August 2019- February 2020
• Responsibilities included: Assisting with developing press strategies; Creating content for all social media platforms; Organizing all tour requests; Photographing all meetings; Creating graphics for social media platforms; Assisting with daily tasks.
Clerk, Washington, D.C. BGR Group, July 2019
• Responsibilities included: Preparing policy memos; Aiding in development and distribution of daily political updates; Researching and tracking legislation.
Fundraiser, Mississippi Gubernatorial Campaign, February – July 2019
• Responsibilities included: Creating donor databases; Organizing fundraising events and receptions; Connecting with voters through phone calls and mail; Providing accurate financial recordings.
- Resourceful, organized, with great attention to detail
- Multitasking abilities with accuracy and timeliness
- Strong leadership, communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
Communications, Press, Consultant, Fundraiser