Business Development and Innovation
A seasoned Business Development Expert, Trainer and Consultant with 28 years of experience helping startups and large organizations drive growth with end-to-end innovation and strategic business development solutions. A multidimensional thinker and wicked good problem solver with REAL WORLD SUCCESS. A voracious learner who knows how to have fun driving results collaboratively with diverse teams.
WOZ U – DIRECTOR ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS
12/2018 – Current
Sourced and worked closely with HR, L&D, and CIO/CTO C-Suites Nationally to cultivate collaborative/consultative relationships on innovative custom solutions, methodologies, and tech talent development best practices.
• Conducted needs assessments with key stakeholders
• Created roadmaps to meet objectives
• Built custom pitch decks
• Helped clients assess budget and timelines
• Prepared Case Studies
• Developed marketing collateral
Was the first and only person to open new business in the first 30 days!
LLOYD MARKETING GROUP, INC. - CIO - BD - CONSULTING
01/1995 – 12/2018
Lloyd Marketing Group, Inc. specializes in driving growth through end-end innovation. Client solutions include identifying and qualifying opportunities, finding and/or developing product/service extensions, team development & training, product management, sourcing/manufacturing, marketing and sales launches aimed at rapid growth.
Innovate2Grow Experts - VP Business Development and Consultant
• Developed and cultivated a network of more than 2000 C-Suite Innovation leaders at Fortune 500+ companies.
• Met and exceeded 100% of client objectives developing new business.
• Developed website and marketing collateral, including but not limited to; case studies, corporate video and executive pitch decks.
• Consulted clients on front-end innovation strategies and lead ideation sessions resulting in highly successful commercialized products.
Scunci - VP Business Development
• Reported directly to CEO and lead executive team meetings driving end-end innovation.
• Built internal systems/processes for finding and acquiring new technologies and developing external partnerships.
• Responsible for $1M+ budget to identify brand extension opportunities and create new verticals that resulted in, most notably, the $100M success “Scunci Steamer” the companies first line beyond hair accessories.
InventHelp - Consultant
• Contracted to review and report back to the CEO on business process pursuant to a $40M lawsuit loss.
• Interviewed all department heads and performed a deep dive review of processes and success metrics.
• Provided detailed reports and made recommendations for specific and immediately actionable dramatic improvements.
• Trained licensing staff on best practices that resulted in a 300% increase in licenses.
Shark Branding – Consultant
• Contracted to mine and monetize product solicitation opportunities resulting from Daymond John's appearance on Shark Tank.
• Developed business model for curating licensing opportunities with an aggressive social media campaign, trade show marketing, PR and website development.
• Successfully built deal-flow with an IP portfolio generating mutually beneficial and profitable licenses for Mr. John and inventors.
Idea Village - Vet Launch - Propeller (Startup Accelerators)
• Contracted by several Startup Accelerators as Entrepreneur in Residence.
• Consulted 300+ companies on Fundraising, Pitch Preparation, Brand Strategy, P&L/Financials, Sales and Marketing, IP Development, Sourcing/Manufacturing/Vendors, Business Modeling (BMC), Team Building and Management Training.
TREASURE CHEST PETS, LLC - FOUNDER
10/2007 - 12/2012
In 2 short years, this patented new line of functional plush toys were licensed, re-purposed, manufactured and sold to more than 400 boutique and national store chains including Toys-R-Us, BuyBuy Baby & QVC with only 2 employees.
• Won 1st Place in "Pitch It To The Pros" with Discovery Channel's Billy Mays and Anthony Sullivan
• Invited to appear on Shark Tank and offered the coveted investment from 3 Sharks, ultimately partnering with Daymond John and Barbara Corcoran.
• Sold more than 100,000 units generating over $550,000 in revenue in the first 18 months of business.
NETCENTRICS CORPORATION - VP NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
02/2010 - 12/2010
• Created and facilitated company-wide innovation training and rolled out "crazy ass ideas" campaign nationally.
• Developed a simple process for all employees to submit new ideas.
• Performed idea reviews, vetted and qualified all opportunities.
• Strategically built relationships with external partners for quick turns on deal flow.
• Developed, patented and licensed the first product in less than 90 days of program rollout, valued at over $1M in new revenue to the bottom line.
• Skilled in: Microsoft Office Suite & Mac Equivalent
• Multiple CRM Proficiencies
• Professional Consulting
• C-Suite Business Development
• Business Modeling (BMC)
• Financial Monitoring/Reporting
• Innovation Expert
• Team Development/Training
• Public Speaking
• Project Management
• Expert Negotiator
• Extremely Detailed & Organized
Pima Community College
ATD, Phoenix Chapter
• 12 PATENTS (#'s Available Upon Request)
• 2009 "SHARK TANK" - Won Investment on ABC reality show.
• 2009 "PITCH IT TO THE PROS" - Best Pitch
• 2007 RICE UNIVERSITY - Top Business Plan (DECK) Pitch, Rice Alliance
• 2006 INVENTION SUBMISSION CORPORATION - Innovation Ambassador Award
USN, AZAN - Aviation Maintenance Administration
October 1990 - May 1992
• Meritoriously Promoted from E1-E2 from Bootcamp
• Commendations: National Defense Service Medal
This is an enthusiastic and 100% supportive letter of recommendation for Lisa Lloyd.
My background: executive at Procter & Gamble and Gallo (26 years), Professor in the School of Management at Arizona State University (six years), author of six books, current leader of two national companies.
Of Lisa's many skills these are the top three.
1. Exceptional Interpersonal Skills: several times a week for year Lisa communicated with Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 company people at the director and vice president level. In her conversations, she closed 100% of her not so easy to achieve objectives. Her well-developed range of positive communication skills enables her to quickly establish a quality connection and rapport.
2. Extraordinary Problem-Solving Skills: besides ranking in the top 10% of successful personal inventors, she repeatedly demonstrated in our work together with the ability to quickly, creatively, and effectively solve challenges and optimize opportunities.
3. Trustworthy and Focused Independent Operator: working independently, she demonstrated disciplined and focused work skills that consistently delivered exceptional results.
She worked one year with me as Vice President of Business Development for Innovate2Grow Experts. She would be still working for me had there not been a major strategic redirection for the company.
Please feel free to contact me directly.
innovation, business development, start-up, entrepreneur, consultant, consulting