Budtender with a tech flair
MEGAN K. TOMMY
Conversationally proficient in American Sign Language (ASL). Proficient in the majority of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher & Outlook. Highly skilled in resolving common and unusual problems that arise in a face paced or hectic environment. I am a quick learner, self starter, detail oriented and I always provide a friendly, inviting and sincere professional demeanor. Currently pursuing a Computer Science Degree via Seattle Colleges, based on my past undocumented experience with tech related issues & projects from work history.
2001-2005 Hillsboro High School Hillsboro, Oregon
High School Graduate
3 years study in American Sign Language, conversationally fluent.
2018-Current Seattle Central College Seattle, Washington
Freshman – Due to complete in 2022
Currently pursuing a Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Data Analytics & Management
10/2017 – Current Various Seattle, Washington
During the course of 2018, my life was consistently on the road with my life partner. During this time, I found side work as a Brand Ambassador for Tarukino, as well as a TNC driver. I am looking to settle into a consistent life once again.
04/2015 – 10/2017 Essex Property Trust Seattle, Washington
Assistant Community Manager – Multi-Site
• Covering two communities within the Belltown neighborhood, totaling 200 units.
• Continue to provide leasing services for both communities, while managing a staff of 1 leasing agent and 2 maintenance technicians. Also provided support for the Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor on site.
• Primary duties included revenue management, creating additional ancillary income sources, reducing controllable expenses throughout, while raising value for residents. Repeatedly brought units that were $1k+ under market to market via smart advertisement and dedication to our homes.
• During the course of my time as ACM, I received the “Most Valuable Player” Award during 2016 for my part in handling a largely difficult event within our community, as well as addressing the incoming city examiners necessary to prevent any further issues.
08/2013 – 04/2015 Essex Property Trust Seattle, Washington
Leasing Specialist – Multi-Site
• Covering two communities in Seattle area, totaling 192 units.
• Provided assistance in leasing homes within a high paced community, addressing customer concerns, and creating events to make our communities feel like a real home.
• Assisted Community Manager at both communities with tasks such as processing payments, coordinating with on-site vendors and seeking out services.
• During the course of my time with these two communities, I received multiple awards; including “Innovator of Controllable Expenses” & “MVP”. Both awards were received for my diligent work to use technical resources to improve our communities & company as a whole.
• A project of note that provided significant gratification was my assistance in building a pilot program with Fabian Garcia, Director of IT. We worked together to work through an IP address mapping issue and how to compensate for it amongst 532 communities and over 10k employees.
05/2012 – 08/2013 Arctic Club Hotel Seattle, Washington
Front Desk Supervisor
• Primary role of “Manager On Duty” during evening shift. Tasked with supervising all staff on premises while all other management is off duty. Security, Food & Beverage, Front Desk & Housekeeping.
• Frequently took on projects to improve the daily functions of all staff for front desk.
• Provided technical support for all agents and other areas of the hotel.
06/2011 – 04/2012 Hyatt Regency St Louis at the Arch St Louis, Missouri
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (10/2011 – 04/2012)
• Primarily tasked with the closing day procedures
• Managed night staff of at least 3 associates, up to 8 associates
• Frequently managed public area cleanliness & back of house procedures during large group events
• Assisted with late night customer concerns and responding to inquiries
• Payroll, hiring, training, and associate supply inventory
• Associate supplies included: Uniforms, Keys, Blackberry / Nextel usage
Corporate Management Trainee (06 – 10/2011)
• A comprehensive training program provided by Hyatt to introduce associates into management roles within the rooms division
11/2008 – 05/2011 Hyatt at Olive 8 Seattle, Washington
Housekeeping Coordinator (05/2010 – 05/2011)
• Assisted in both opening and closing of boards on a daily basis.
• Provided coverage of phones during daily duties.
• Kept consistent contact with other departments to facilitate ongoing needs of staff members.
• Worked with management on many projects, including redesign of building floor plans.
Front Office Agent (11/08 – 05/2010)
• Participated with the “Opening Team” by assisting in aspects of preparing for Grand Open.
• Representative for Front Office and Housekeeping on the Safety Committee.
• Assisted with many IT issues in Front Office, as well as back of house.