Brianna Smith Resume
Public Relations Professional Media Relations & Social Media
I'm an entry-level public relations professional in the Denver Metropolitan area specializing in media relations and social media. I believe in implementing ethical, effective, and creative communications strategies with all of my clients. I'm looking for an organized and established company in the PR industry with a fast-paced, good-cultured office environment.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Nova Peaks - Aurora, CO June 2019 to Present
At Nova Peaks I manage talent acquisition and client acquisition. I manage a team of 5 people and plan marketing events for them to attend daily. I manage campaign accounts with two major companies -- AT&T and Plan International.
Chief Communications Officer
Investor Relations Futures - Eugene, OR June 2019 to September 2019
- Creates presentations based on articles in the business and finance section of the New York Times to discuss trends with publicly traded companies in the stock exchange.
- Manages Instagram, Twitter, and a blog for IR Futures, a club that follows corporate PR news, at the University of Oregon.
- Creates weekly goals, execution plans, and maintains a calendar of all events, social media posts, and meetings.
-Creates weekly e-newsletters for the club and distributes them on tight deadlines each week.
University of Oregon - Eugene, OR September 2018 to June 2019
During my final year at the University of Oregon I was on a public relations campaigns team where I managed projects for two major clients in the lane county area. I headed both projects with two other woman and managed a team of 6-7. We were in charge of creating a PR strategy and campaign for our clients each quarter and ran a trial of the campaign to provide our clients with measurable results to inform future implementation.
Public Relations Manager
All That! Dance Co. - Eugene, OR March 2018 to March 2019
- Issued press releases to promote their latest project, a fundraiser for their partner Greenhill Humane Society and received coverage from two local networks: KEZI and KVAL.
- Created media relations packets for seasonal events and distributed contents to local print and news media networks. We received coverage for events from local networks and were featured in local community calendars across Lane County for each event.
- Conducted audits and created social media campaign strategies to improve community engagement and promote seasonal events and product launches. We created a campaign, #NutcrackerRemixed, to promote and give away tickets to their holiday event via Instagram and Twitter.
- Created a one-minute long Facebook video to describe and promote their summer event. The video gained nearly 2,000 views.
Little Big Burger - Eugene, OR February 2017 to February 2019
At Little Big Burger I was a prep cook, line cook, server, and register clerk. I managed a kitchen and complied with OLCC and Oregon Food Handler requirements. I worked there for two years and trained multiple new-hires.
Superior Tan and Salon - Eugene, OR September 2015 to September 2016
I performed receptionist duties and managed schedules for 2 main hair stylists in the salon. My duties included managing social media posts, answering phones, cleaning the salon and tanning areas and complying with legal training around the tanning process.
Bachelor's in Journalism (Public Relations)
University of Oregon - Eugene, OR
September 2016 to June 2019
• Data Entry
• Account Management
• MS Office
• Adobe Creative Cloud
• Google Analytics
• Social Media Marketing
• Media Relations
• Public Relations
• Leadership Development
• MS Office
Public Relations, Social Media, Experienced, English, Law, Journalism, Communication, Design