------------ |------------ |linkedin.com/in/brianecallahan
-Operations Management-New Account Development-Relationship Building
-Procurement & Distribution-Sales Team Supervision-Supply Chain Optimization-Forecasting
Fastenal, General Manager, Capitol Heights, MD/Washington D.C. March 2016- Present
Key Account Specialist, Rockville, MD January 2015- January 2016
• Managing sales and operations of Capitol Heights, MD branch, providing support for Mid-Atlantic District Manager, aiding in development of outside sales representatives and sales support roles.
• Working in collaboration with vending sales team to ensure post-installation expectations are met
• Developing a technical understanding of vending hardware and Apex software/troubleshooting when needed
• Actively managing 80+ accounts while concurrently setting and meeting customer expectations
• Successful negotiation of 7 new contracts/spending agreements with key accounts (WMATA, DCI, NPL, Kogok, Washington Nationals, DC Streetcar, and Lazy Boy) in 2018 to secure sustainable business moving into 2019-20
• Serving as main procurement manager for anything outsourced from third-party vendors, negotiating price breaks to leverage more business with government agencies, school districts, and private contractors.
• Recruitment of 8-member team leading Washington D.C./Capitol Heights, MD sales territory to expand industrial market outreach and provide better customer service to current customer base while adding additional accounts.
• Hiring an operations manager to re-organize store warehouse and establish an efficient system for inventory optimization.
• Collecting thousands of dollars in outstanding balances owed to Fastenal every month from various companies to avoid forwarding to collections agencies while upholding great customer relationships.
• Established a strong customer base in Woodbridge, VA by hiring 2 outside sales representatives, signing 4 vending agreements, and consolidating sales territories.
• Increased territory sales in Woodbridge, VA from 30k per month to 60k per month within first year, exceeding projected sales goals, hit 10-year store sales record.
• Acquired an average of 5 new accounts per month in horizontal growth increasing margin and pre-tax profit by 6% and 25% vertical growth over 2016.
Le Moyne College
Bachelor of Science, Business Management, May 2011
Concentration: Information Systems Management.
PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE OPERATING SYSTEMS
SQL, CSS, XML, HTML ADOBE DREAMWEAVER, WINDOWS OS, MAC OS
MICROSOFT OFFICE, ORACLE 10G
Food and Water Watch
Dates volunteered June-August 2015
Food & Water Watch works to ensure the food, water and fish we consume is safe, accessible and sustainably produced.
FEMA, EPA, Environmental Policy