Brett Boren Resume
2700 Q Street, NW Apt. 223 Washington, D.C. 20007
Milton Gottesman Jewish Day School Sep 2019
• Used Blackbaud and PCR to perform school functions.
• Used graphic design software such as Adobe Indesign to produce advertising material.
• Utilized my photography skills to take photographs of the students for external use.
• Attended events as a public face of the Milton Gottesman School administration.
International Baccalaureate Jan 2019-Aug 2019
Salesforce Administrator (contract), Bethesda, MD
• Developed thorough understanding of a custom-built Salesforce-based platform
• Established familiarity with performing testing in Salesforce in the QA and UAT test environments
• Learned ins and outs of international education
• Took leadership in training new employees
Charities Aid Foundation of America Nov 2018-Dec 2018
Data Associate (contract), Alexandria, VA
• Reviewed grants as part of the company’s grant review process
• Used Salesforce, iPhiCore, and CyberGrants software.
Sephardic Heritage International Jan 2019-Present
Events Coordinator, Washington, D.C.
• Plan and execute events for the non-profit
• Engage stakeholders in the local community to create new partnerships for the organization.
Papersource Nov 2017-Apr 2019
Sales Associate, Washington, D.C.
• Provided quality customer service to customers.
• Developed creative visual displays throughout the store.
American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise June 2015-2017
Research and Communications Director, Washington, D.C.
• Researched and updated articles and entries for the Jewish Virtual Library and reviewed current issues for their impact on organization.
• Updated our Tumblr account daily with new posts.
• Managed and kept current the organizations’ fundraising lists.
• Made international travel arrangements.
• Responsible for managing office interns.
• Completed research projects for organization’s website.
• Promoted to Research and Communications Associate
Center for Applied Second Language Study Summer 2012, 2013
Resident and Classroom Assistant, Eugene, OR
• Taught Swahili language and culture to high school students in a federally funded program designed to promote learning of critical languages.
American Association of Exporters and Importers July-Nov 2013
Program Assistant, Washington, D.C.
• Worked with issues involving trade policy and associations.
• Represented AAEI at government meetings concerning international trade, with an emphasis on PowerAfrica.
• Wrote articles for AAEI's weekly emails.
• Basic HTML. Microsoft Office Suite. Social Media (Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Facebook). eTapestry. MobileCause. Database software (ACT and Blackbaud). Salesforce.
• Fluent in Swahili.
University of Oregon; Bachelor’s degree in International Studies 2009-2014
• Minor in African Studies
University of Iringa; degree in Community Development 2014
• Volunteered with local organizations
Resume, Development, Nonprofit