1439 Wood Road
Bronx, New York 10462
OBJECTIVE To utilize my exceptional customer care and health administration skills in a leadership role.
• HCPCS, ICD-9,UB-04 and CPT Coding
• Insurance Claims Processing
• Medical Office Administration and
• MS Ofﬁce Word, Excel, Salesforce, and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Rosalind Scheduling System
• Santrax Telephonic Attendance System
12/19-Present America Works, New York, NY
Call Center Representative
• Executed 200+ outbound calls daily to Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Insurance beneficiaries in order to provide general overview information about the ‘Ticket to Work’ Program.
• Utilized the ‘Salesforce’ portal to input as well as organize all client data, and to schedule intake appointments for new clients nationwide.
• Completed outgoing calls to current clients of the program and reminded them of scheduled appointments, assignments and tasks they needed to complete.
• Document all call information according to standard operating procedures
• Train new hires
05/16-05/19 HUMANA AT HOME, New York, NY
• Perform billing function for clients, Long Term Care insurance carriers, Third party payers and Vendors requirements.
• Prepare all bi-weekly client bills for department.
• Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
• Responsible for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving documentation problems and discrepancies.
• Assists in maintenance of client folders on shared network files, including insurance documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
• Transmit invoices to clients via fax and/or e-mail.
• Perform manual invoice correction on demand; ensuring bills are processed according to contracts.
• Track all invoices through the weekly processing cycle and produce weekly invoices, mail out.
6/11 – 01/16 Advantage Care Physicians, Brooklyn, NY
Administrative Coordinator (08/14 - 01/16)
• Assisted non-clinical staff to ensure accurate daily co-payment collection, including cash, checks and credit card payments.
• Ensured charges and receipts were accounted for and corrected; batches for co-pays and other collections were closed out daily.
• Performed verification of capitation and eligibility of services as needed; ensured appropriate documentation by PSRs.
• Provided appropriate training and mentoring to ensure that ACP standards and KPIs were achieved.
• Identified and resolved patient billing issues, within company guidelines and in a timely and courteous manner.
• Oversaw cash reconciliation process.
Preferred Health Partners, Brooklyn, NY
Financial Coordinator (08/12-08/14)
• Acted as a liaison between revenue cycle management team, center administrator and center staff.
• Assisted with the implementation of revenue cycle protocols, policies and procedures and supported workflow improvement efforts.
• Monitored claims processing to ensure that all insurance claims were processed timely and efficiently while maintaining high production levels.
• Analyzed reconciliation of daily posted batches, bank deposits and credit card postings.
• Registered patients, verified insurance coverage and entered charges and payments in Nextgen accounting system.
06/11-07/12 Deborah S., Hunter-Brown M.D PLLC, Mount Vernon, NY
Front Desk Assistant
• Coded and billed professional physician claims for reimbursement.
• Retrieved patients’ records and verified insurance information.
• Greeted patients as they arrived and provided them with appropriated information.
• Scheduled and rescheduled patients’ appointments.
EDUCATION LEHMAN COLLEGE, Bronx, NY
Bachelor of Science in Health Services Administration
Bronx Community College, Bronx, NY
Associate Degree in Community Health
ASA - The College for Excellence, Brooklyn, NY
Certiﬁcate in Medical Office Assisting with Medical Billing