Paralegal/Legal Assistant, May 2019- June 2019
Zenith Law Group, PLLC – Kirkland, WA
• Drafted Wills, Living Trust, Durable Powers of Attorney, Conveyance and Quit Claim Deeds.
• Filled out Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavits.
• Located Legal Description of properties.
Direct Support Supervisor, February 2017 to Present Ambitions of Washington, Inc – Mountlake Terrace, WA
• Assist individuals to achieve their personal goals based on their individual specific plan.
• Offer structure and create positive peer to peer relationships and complete detailed,
• Provide direct, active and constructive support and interactions with individuals in
collaboration with colleagues, supervisors, clinical staff, community members and families.
Legal Associate, September 2014 to April 2016 Temple Legal Practitioners – Bakau, The Gambia
• Supported two attorney corporate law practice.
• Managed a caseload of corporate defense and processed all claims.
• Drafted Agreements, Deeds, Assignments, Pleadings, Motions and all other related legal
• Conducted research and prepared documents in preparation for trial.
• Scheduled meetings and managed calendars for attorneys.
• Assisted start-up businesses and non-profit organizations and drafted documents
necessary for registration.
• Represented clients before the Subordinate and Superior Courts of The Gambia.
Legal Clerk, August 2012 to September 2013
Attorney General’s Chambers, Ministry of Justice – Banjul, The Gambia
• Prepared various documents and correspondence.
• Provided special reception and secretarial support.
• Maintained case calendar and monitor deadlines.
• Drafted charges (Bill of indictments) and summarized evidences in every case xxx-xxx-xxxx.
• Assisted in preparation of exhibit binders for hearings and trials.
• Filed hard copies of documents and maintain electronic document system.
Legal Intern, September 2011 to September 2012
African Center for Democracy and Human Rights Studies (ACDHRS) – Banjul, The Gambia
• Conducted research for Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) who were engaged in Human Rights Law.
• Assisted with recording and maintaining a database of NGO’s which were to attend programs organized by the ACDHRS shortly before the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights 50th and 51st Ordinary Sessions.
• Assisted in providing reports of meetings ACDHR had with the NGO’s and the presentation made before the African Commission on Human Rights 50th and 51st Ordinary Sessions.
Legal Profiler/Interviewer, August 2010 to November 2010
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Banjul, The Gambia
• Managed cases involving Liberian Refugees in Gambia. Interviewed and recorded their information.
• Skilled at drafting pleadings, motions, discovery and other litigation documents.
• Experienced working with Federal and state rules and forms.
• Case management software and litigation support: Clio, TrialDirector, Concordance,
Bill4Time and Time Map. Specialized training in Relativity E-discover. Experienced
using MS Office Suite, Google Apps and Adobe.
• Legal research and cite checking: Westlaw and Google Scholar
Edmonds Community College, Advanced Paralegal Certificate – ABA- Approved, March 2019.
The Gambia Law School, Barrister -in-Law (BL), September 2014.
The University of The Gambia, Bachelors of Law (LLB), May 2013.