Robert J. Gallegos Resume
Assistant Professor of Music/ Trumpet / Brass Specialist 60 Phillips Street
Weymouth, MA. 02188
Teaching Experience 2012-Present
Assistant Professor, Berklee College of Music Ensemble Department.
• Supervise rehearsals of undergraduate and graduate student ensembles with an emphasis placed on overall group and individual performance.
• Techniques, compositions and arranging.
• Substitute / Brass Department
Berklee College of Music 5 Week Summer Performance Program
Faculty Member, Administrative Assistant under the direction of Rob Rose, and Bob Doezema.
• Scheduling and placement of incoming students.
• Instructor, Musicianship/ Ear Training,
• Director, 5 Week Tower of Power Ensemble, Berklee City Music
Network Big Band.
Berklee City Music Outreach Program, Instructor
• Private Brass Instruction
Boston Arts Academy- Boston, MA.
• Director of Big Band Ensemble and Symphonic Band
• 9th Grade entering band students.
• Theory Classes, Grades 9-10
Marshfield High School- Marshfield MA.
Faculty Member: Private lesson program,
Master Classes in beginning and intermediate jazz
improvisation summer band program, substitute ensemble director.
Boston Latin Academy- Dorchester, MA.
Coaching of individual and full brass and woodwind sectionals: Emphasis placed on tone production, articulation, balance, blend, and Intonation.
Bosse School of Music- Weymouth, MA.
Clinician/Summer Jazz Program. Exploring tunes from the Modal jazz era of the 60’s focusing on the music of such artists as Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, and
Cohasset High School- Cohasset, MA.
Artist In Residence: Conducted Master class and performance.
Emphasis was placed on Big Band ensemble techniques and jazz improvisation
Annunciation Catholic Academy- Orlando, Florida.
Brass Instructor. Duties included individual lessons from beginning to intermediate level, and coaching brass Sectionals Grades 4-8
Walt Disney World- Orlando, Florida.
Conducted and performed for Music Clinics for Magic Music Days Brass Master Class Program/ High School level. Emphasis placed on breathing, articulation, tone production, phrasing, and
Berklee High School Jazz Festival
• 2013-Present-Festival Commentator / Alternate Adjudicator.
• 2011-Somerset High School Jazz Festival, Guest Clinician and
• 2007-2008-MMEA, South Eastern District, Brocton high School.
Audition Supervisor, Brass auditions
International Educational Travels
• October 2016, 2017 Teaching brass studies and ensembles under the direction of Professor Oscar Stagnaro and Berklee Latino/ Global Initiative program at the Universidad El Bosque in Bogotá, Colombia
• June 2017 Berklee Global International. Clinician of Big Bands and Brass Studies at the Shanghai Conservatory of Music Jazz Ensemble.
• August of 2016. Teaching brass studies and ensembles under the direction of Professor Winnie Dahlgren/ Harmony Department and No Boundaries nonprofit organization (hosted by Academic Affairs at Berklee) at the University of Cape Town, South Africa
Professional Certification 2009
Trumpet Studies 2007-2008
Arranging Studies 2007
Performance Experience 2003-Present
Walt Disney World M.G.M. Studios Orlando, FL (1990-2001)
Mariachi Cobre with Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra
Walt Disney World Epcot Center
Berklee College of Music- Boston, MA. 02155 Bachelor of Music, Music Education
Summa Cum Laude
Massachusetts Department of Education, Teacher of Music (K-12)
Berklee College of Music: Tiger Okoshi, Charles Lewis, Jeff Stout, Lin Biviano.
Hal Espinosa, Los Angeles Recording Artist Bobby Shew, Los Angeles Recording Artist
Jerry Gates, Berklee College of Music Walt Disney Studios Staff Arrangers: Don Mikiten, Chris Sharp
Doctor John, Nicholas Payton, Boston Pops, Jon Pizzarelli, The O’Jays,
The Temptations, Artie Shaw Orchestra, Eguie Castrillo’s Palladium Night Orchestra, Greg Hopkins Big Band, Kenny Hadley Big Band. United States Air Force Band of Liberty-Hanscom, AFB
Performances with Ray Charles,
Peabo Bryson, The O-Jays, Temptations, Celia Cruz, Tito Puente Jr.,
Gilberto Santa Rosa, Giovanni Hidalgo, Ray Barretto, Sam Rivers Orchestra, Tommy Dorsey Orchestra under the direction of Buddy Morrow.
Premier works of Mexico’s Classical Composers Soloist substitute for Doc Severinsen.
Performances with: Cab Calloway, George Kirby, and Roberta Flack.
Holland America Cruise Lines
American Federation of Teachers, Local 4412, AFT-MA, AFL-CIO
American Federation of Musicians Union of The United States and
Whirlwind/Cherokee Horn Arrangements
Jerry Seeco Big Band Eguie Castrillo Orchestra
.Bobby G.& Co. Computer Skills
Compositions and Arrangements
Arrangement performed by Eguie Castrillo and his Latin Jazz Ensemble, Berklee College of Music Eleventh Annual Encore Gala
Arrangement recorded on Bobby G.& Co.
Tremors-Featuring the Earthquake Horns D.V.D. “The Most Dangerous Band on the Planet”
Boston, MA. 2017 Lead trumpet
“Palladium Tradition” Coyeyo Records 2005 Boston, MA. Lead Trumpet
“Standards” Independent 1998
• Finale Music Software Writing program
• Sibelius Music Software Writing program
• File Maker Pro, Colleague Computer Database at Berklee College of Music
• Garage Band, Powerpoint, Reason.
Robert J. Gallegos