Architect with an M.S. RED
Hogg Holdings New York, NY
Real Estate Development Associate and Project Manager 11/2017 - Present
● Oversaw new development projects with a +100-member team, including architects, engineers, consultants, general contractors, sales teams, and lawyers, while ensuring on-time delivery.
● Reconciled $10M+ budgets, supervised two new Lower East Side condo development sites, and produced weekly progress reports for investors.
● Conducted financial analyses for new investments in New York and Connecticut for projects between $8M and $30M.
● Processed 100% of filings of New York City Department of Buildings permits for eight contractors involved in the construction of residential developments within a three-month period.
● Managed the redesign feasibility study for a new residential condo project based on budget and market analyses, increasing building revenue by $1M.
● Led the redesign and renovation of 12K sq.ft. for the interiors of commercial and residential properties in the portfolio.
● Managed general maintenance of 80 residential units across 30 New York City buildings by coordinating with investors, maintenance staff, and brokers, increasing apartment rental leases and ensuring continued revenue.
Niz+Chauvet Architects Mexico City, Mexico
Head of Design and Construction-Senior Architect and Staff Manager 5/2007 - 9/2017
● Managed end-to-end design and development stages of 46 residential, commercial, educational, and hospitality projects.
● Supervised construction process of 39 residential, commercial, and hospitality projects while leading the decision-making process with clients, investors, and supervisors and ensuring construction solutions adhered to budget and schedule.
● Led and organized internal teams of +30 members in driving five-to-eight simultaneous projects and in producing over 30K construction plans.
● Directed external engineering and specialized design teams by ensuring engineer design properly aligned with architectural requirements prior to beginning construction, delivering projects by set deadline.
● Conducted value-engineering analysis for all projects with engineers, identifying necessary changes to evaluate costs and consolidate budgets.
● Advised nine clients in the development of project visions by leading conceptualization design sessions, simplifying location decision process and accelerating project kick off.
● Managed hiring process, provided final hiring authorization, and mentored 11 employees through informal shadowing program and after-hours software training sessions, fast-tracking employee development and maintaining company culture.
A+ Architects Mexico City, Mexico
Architect 3/2006 - 4/2007
● Increased productivity using OuterCut 2D software, replacing hand-drawing and decreasing scale model generation time by 25%.
● Developed architectural construction plans in AutoCAD for two new +2K sq. ft. houses.
Engotec Mexico City, Mexico
Construction Supervisor 3/2005 - 1/2006
● Coordinated showroom redesign construction process for Mazda, Volkswagen, and Ford, upgrading to new brand standards.
● Generated $150K budgets and expense estimates by producing necessary documents in time, ensuring on-time payment.
Independent Freelance Projects Latin America
Project Manager 2010-2017
● Conceptualized and designed four 1-24k sq. ft. commercial and residential properties in Mexico, Peru, and Colombia.
Architectural Designer 2018
● Designed new milk collection facility pro bono for rural livestock community association (ASONGARES) in Colombia.
Architect, Project Manager, Real Estate