Anmol Kollegal - Architect | Designer
Assoc. AIA | Architect (Registered with Council of Architecture, India)
Houston, TX-77081; ------------
Master of Architecture, Concentration in Sustainable Design | May 2018
University of Houston, Houston, TX (GPA: 3.88 - Highest ranked graduate student)
Bachelor of Architecture | May 2016
Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University, Hyderabad, India
American Institute of Architects (AIA) Henry Adams Medal for excellence in architecture 2018
• Conferred with the recognition for my Master of Architecture coursework at the University of Houston.
Honorable Mention - ACSA Here+Now Housing Competition 2016-17
• Awarded ‘Honorable Mention’ for designing a self-sustaining prototype to house victims of a natural disaster facilitating on-site rehabilitation and serving as a backup battery to support the deteriorating vernacular.
Designer June 2018 – present
Boucher Design Group, LLC, Houston
• Actively involved with the design and planning studio in site planning, programming, schematic design and design development for various commercial and retail projects.
• Involved in preparing schematic and production models, construction documents and submittals.
3D Draftsman January 2017 – May 2018
Facilities Planning & Construction Dept., University of Houston
• Visualized and modelled various buildings in the 600-acre campus of the university using Revit as a tool.
• Updated the masterplan with the integration of about 300 individual buildings to prepare 2D and 3D campus maps.
• Allocated tasks and planned schedules to effectively complete on-going projects.
Junior Architect - Free-Lance May 2015 - present
Mape Connoisseurs, Hyderabad
• Collaborate with the design team on various projects and competitions from schematic design to presentation.
• Render services as an environmental designer focussing on climate analysis, sustainability and 3D visualization.
Teaching Assistant August 2017 - December 2017
Prof. Rives Taylor, FAIA, LEED AP, Principal at Gensler
• Charted a smooth functioning of the Technology-5 course on sustainability, building science and materials.
• Assisted in tutoring and evaluation of the course and co-hosted professionals for talks and seminars.
Intern Architect September 2015 - April 2016
Christopher Charles Benninger Architects Pvt. Ltd., Pune
• Conceptualized and designed floor plans, prepared working drawings, coordinated with consultants and supervised construction at Lodha Belmondo; a 100-acre residential township in Pune.
• Developed schematic design, 3D visualization & presentation for national and international competitions.
• Prepared material palettes and bill of quantities for renovation and master plan improvements in Pune university.
CAD and BIM Modelling: AutoCAD, 3DsMax, Revit (Autodesk Certified Training), Sketchup, Rhino
Rendering and Presentation: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Enscape, Lumion, Rendering 360, VRay, Premiere
Additional Tools and Skills: Newforma, Ecotect, IESVE, Ladybug, Honeybee, Digital Sketching, Hand-modelling
Zonal President and Unit Secretary December 2012 - January 2015
NASA (National Association of Students of Architecture), India
• Served as the unit secretary and consequently held office as the Zonal President at NASA India.
• Coordinated activities, conventions and events catering to more than 30 colleges across 4 states in India.
Study Abroad Program – Italy, France and Spain June 2017 - August 2017
• Documented the urban fabric and form across the Mediterranean coast through sketching and photography and consequently applied this research to design a satellite study center for the university in Rome.
Membership | AIA, ASIE, Phi Kappa Phi December 2016 - present
• An active member of the American Institute of Architects, American Society of Indian Engineers & Architects (ASIE) and the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
Chief-Editor, Co-Designer - Annual NASA Convention Magazine 56th edition, 2014
• Spearheaded the core team of an international magazine distributed to over 5000 students, architects and professionals across India and SAARC nations.
REVERB - Zonal NASA Convention October 2014
• Co-Hosted a convention for more than 1500 students, architects and professionals from over 5 states in India.
• Planned the event schedule, moderated juries, lectures and panel discussions.
Chief Organizer January 2014 - January 2015
Heritage Walks, Zonal Meets
• Organized a heritage walk in the city on the eve of World Heritage Day.
• Moderated zonal meetings, organized inter-college competitions, annual exhibitions and events in the university.
GRaSP Awards - University of Houston 2017
• Won the ‘People’s Choice Award’ at the Graduate Research and Scholarship Projects event of the University of Houston for the ‘Battery House’ design proposal.
Autodesk BIM Design, Singapore BIM Design Challenge 2013 and 2014
• Collaborated and led multi-disciplinary teams in international BIM competitions using Revit as the primary tool for design and integration passing qualification in all stages and shortlisted in finals from India.
Industrial Design Trophy - NASA India 2013-14
• Shortlisted in the Top-10 in ADA Industrial Design trophy involving the design of public use facilities catering to 2 billion people across various cities in India.
ANDC Trophy - NASA India 2012, 2013
• Led the team in the Annual NASA Design competition for two consecutive years, successfully passing qualification for the annual NASA convention.
architect, designer, draftsman, BIM, interior design, 3D modeling, graphic design