Anastasia Lacina Resume
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY, FORDHAM COLLEGE AT ROSE HILL | BACHELOR OF ARTS, AWARDED MAY 2019 | BRONX, NY
MEMBER OF HONORS PROGRAM AT FORDHAM COLLEGE
- Majors: Political Science and History
- Graduated in cursu honorum and magna cum laude
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Presidential Scholarship: A full, academic merit-based scholarship | Sept. 2015 – May 2019
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi | Nov. 2018 – present
- Member of Pi Sigma Alpha | March 2018 – present
- Dean’s List: First Honors | 2017-2019
- Dean’s List: Second Honors | 2016–2017
CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES
- Fordham Political Review Editor-in-Chief | Aug. 2018 – March 2019
- Fordham Political Review Copy Editor-in-Chief | Jan. 2018 – Aug. 2018
- Fordham Political Review Copy Editor | Dec. 2016 – Jan. 2018
- Fordham College Democrats | Sept. 2015 – May 2019
- Racial Solidarity Network Training Graduate | Feb. 2017
- LGBT+ and Ally Network of Support Graduate | Oct. 2016
FORDHAM POLITICAL REVIEW | SEPT. 2015 – MAY 2019
- “Sexism Kills: Medical Misogyny and Ignorance of Female Bodies.” Fordham Political Review 8.2 (2019). Link.
- “Right-Wing Extremism is the Most Dangerous Threat to American Democracy.” Fordham Political Review 7.1 (2018). Link.
- “Governmental Censorship in the Age of Trump.” Fordham Political Review 6.2 (2018). Link.
- “Civil Rights, Then and Now: A Conversation with Rev. Al Sharpton.” Fordham Political Review 5.2 (2018). Link.
- “White Radicalization in the Aftermath of Charlottesville.” Fordham Political Review 5.2 (2017). Link.
- “Donald Trump, Brexit, and the Rise of New Fascism.” Fordham Political Review 5.1 (2017): 16 – 20. Link.
- “Whitewashing in Hollywood: Why Diverse Media Representation Matters.” Fordham Political Review 4.2 (2016): 77 – 80. Link.
- “Sharks and the Countdown to Extinction.” Fordham Political Review 3.2 (2016): 98 – 102. Link.
MAYOR’S OFFICE TO COMBAT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE | RESEARCH INTERN | JUNE 2018 – AUG. 2018 | NEW YORK CITY, NY
- Advanced Domestic Violence Task Force initiatives, especially those in the Housing and Economic Justice Subcommittee.
- Provided research to the Executive Director of the Domestic Violence Task Force about domestic violence and sexual assault initiatives.
- Supported city employees and non-profit partners in interagency meetings.
OFFICE OF ASSEMBLYMAN BRIAN BARNWELL | CONSTITUENT LIAISON | JUNE 2017 – AUG. 2017 | MASPETH, NY
- Worked as an intermediary between concerned constituents and city and state agencies, and supported constituents with frequent updates regarding their cases.
- Attended numerous governmental and private events on behalf of the Assemblyman.
- Navigated the intricacies of city and state agencies, especially the Department of Environmental Protection and the Parks Department, in order to create environmental objectives for the district.
- Analyzed existing and proposed state legislation to communicate to affected constituents and community leaders.
OFFICE OF SENATOR KIRSTEN GILLIBRAND | OUTREACH INTERN | JULY 2016 – AUG. 2016 | NEW YORK CITY, NY
- Supported the Regional Assistant in the planning and execution of outreach events.
- Drafted event letters and federal grant advocacy letters on behalf of the Senator.
- Managed a high volume of incoming calls to the Senator’s New York City office by providing constituents with up to date information on the Senator’s policy positions.
- Trained three incoming fall 2016 semester interns on office procedures and Outreach Department protocols.
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
- Volunteer Canvassing for Democratic Congressional Candidates, Midterm Elections 2018 | March 2018 – Nov. 2018
- University Neighborhood Housing Program (UNHP), Free VITA Tax Preparer | Jan. 2018 – May 2018
- Volunteer Legal Work for the Pace Women’s Justice Center | 2011 – 2015
- Annual Multiple Sclerosis Walkathon, Team Legal Eagles (over $10,000 raised) | April 1999 – present
politics, political science, resume, history, law