Alexandra Verello: Resume
Alexandra Verello, CH - ASHS
Highland Park, NJ
After studying and researching Plant Science at Rutgers University, I was presented with an opportunity to work in the quickly growing industry of Medicinal Cannabis. Through this job opportunity I learned the importance in the connection the cultivator has with the crop. In furthering my career, I plan to enlighten the world on the importance of horticultural crops and bring people wealth in health by advocating use of natural medicines provided by plants.
Horticultural Technician & Social Media Marketer | Compassionate Care Research Institute, 950 US-1, Woodbridge, NJ
Horticulturalist January 2018 – Present
Duties: Care for medicinal Cannabis from clone to harvest to obtain maximum yield of a competitive product and advertising product on social media platforms.
Mint, Cacao & Daisy Research/ Cultivation | 10 College Farm Rd, New Brunswick, NJ
Research Associate January 2017 – January 2018
Duties: Conducting experiments on daisies to determine effects of common growth hormones. Propagating mint and cacao crops in greenhouse for Wrigley and Mars candy companies.
Starbucks | 300 NJ-18 East Brunswick NJ, 08816
Barista/Barista Trainer August 2014 - August 2017
Duties: Exceptional performance in the following: Adhering to corporate standards, drink recipes, presentation, machine maintenance and customer service. Passed on knowledge to future baristas through training.
Rutgers University | School of Environmental and Biological Sciences
September 2016 – May 2019
Degree Major – Bachelor of Plant Science: Horticulture and Turf Industry
• Certificate Minor – Medicinal and Economic Botany
• 3.4 GPA
• Completed multiple research studies
• Interest in Plant Pathology, Plant Propagation and Medicinal Botany
Brookdale Community College
Fall 2014 – Fall 2015
• Social Work major
• Completed internship at The Manna House of Monmouth County
• 3.7 GPA
Old Bridge High School
September 2010 – June 2014
• Greenhouse Certified
• Over four years horticultural job experience.
• Profound Interest in plant pathology and affinity for identifying plant pathogens.
• Techniques in diseases management
• Experience in plant propagation (vegetative, grafting, from seed, tissue culture)
• Excellent time management and innovation to improve.
**References available upon request