1929 New York Ave Brooklyn, NY 11210
Ashford University, San Diego, CA expected April 2021
Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA May 2019
B.A. Psychology and B.S. Biology, minor in Neuroscience
Relevant Coursework: Neurobiology(capstone), Psychology Statistics and Research Methods I & II, Brain & Behavior, Social Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience, Advanced Lab in Brain & Behavior (capstone), Personality Psychology, Advanced Lab in Social Psychology (capstone).
• Lab Skills: Murine melanocyte culturing, harvesting, and counting, PCR primer design, three-way fusion PCR, trans-locus PCR, restriction mapping, plasmid and genomic DNA isolation and purification, phenotypic screening on D. melanogaster, use of Ethovision video tracking, intraperitoneal and subcutaneous injections in rats, use of Lab Chart to record neural activity in crayfish.
• Other Skills: Conversational Spanish and German, data entry and analysis in SPSS, proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Research Assistant, Gettysburg College Department of Psychology, Gettysburg, PA April 2018-May 2019
• Conduct research investigating Muslim biases in pre-schooled aged children at local daycare center.
• Transcribed interviews relating to cultural identity in Muslim-American and Muslim-Danish students. Coded and analyzed data using SPSS
• Coded over 3,000 survey entries relating to the meaning of God in Excel in a 3-month period.
Lab Assistant, Gettysburg College Department of Biology, Gettysburg, PA Sept. 2016 – May 2017
• Material preparation for experiments involving bacteria growth including sterilization using an Autoclave.
• Made Agar with the addition of different types of antibiotics like penicillin using an Autoclave in surplus to keep up with the demands and need for weekly experiments.
Independent study done at Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA [completed as lab work for advanced lab in brain & behavior course] March 2018 – April 2018
• Tested the effects of ketamine, sex, and isolation on acute anxiety in Sprague-Dawley rats. An elevated plus maze was used to quantify levels of anxiety.
Independent study done at Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA [completed as lab work for advanced lab in social psychology course] Oct. 2018 – Nov. 2018
• Examined possible effects of images related to the dark triad priming individuals with aggressive thoughts, which were measured using a word completion task.
Belicki, M. B., & Crooks, A. (2018). Effects of social isolation and ketamine on stress response in male and female Sprague-Dawley rats. Poster presented at Celebration: Colloquium on Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity at Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA.
Cain, K. M., Divonna, S. M., Taoli, X., Ward, T. N., & Crooks, A. Engaged leadership development through experiential learning among older adolescents and emerging adults. Poster to be presented at the 2020 SRA Biennial Meeting, San Diego, CA.
Research, neuroscience, psychology