Adam Rhoads- Environmental Science
Florida State University | Tallahassee, FL Expected Graduation: May 2021
Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Science and Policy
Major GPA: 3.2
Minor: Business Administration
Florida Academic Scholars Award Recipient
WORK RELATED EXPERIENCE
FSU Flying High Circus Camp | Tallahassee, FL |Circus Performer & Summer Intern May-Aug 2019
• Directed a diverse set of students, ages 6 to 18, to establish and improve their coordination, confidence, problem-solving abilities and teamwork skills on aerial and ground circus activities.
• Generated on the spot solutions to issues on the ground or on aerial acts to ensure the safety of students.
• Streamlined the organization and direction of six different circus equipment rigs to save time, establish safer practices, and to cultivate more effective communication practices with the various parties involved.
Callaway Gardens Resort | Pine Mountain, GA |Circus Performer & Summer Intern May-July 2018
• Conveyed continuity and wonderment as a Circus Ringmaster for the Florida State University Flying High Circus to audiences ranging from 400-1,000+ people for 50+ circus performances.
• Coordinated circus workshops and masterclasses to resort guest to build up their physical skill sets as well as their confidence, persistence, mental endurance, and problem-solving abilities.
• Led various age groups consisting of 15 to 35+ kids to activities such as golfing, tennis, circus skills, ropes course, swimming, etc.
Camp I am Special | St. Johns, FL | Camp Counselor May-Aug 2017
• Attained 1,400+ Volunteer Hours of 1:1 caregiving, providing support for a child and/or adult with a physical, mental, or cognitive disability.
• Coordinated scheduling and facilitated daily activities (swimming, PE, arts & crafts, etc.) for persons with transitional challenges to ensure safety, mental clarity, and effective change.
• Strengthened team performance of round-the-clock care including feeding, showering, dressing, assisting in toileting in order to ensure it was done effectively, compassionately, and in a genuine humane way.
Marco Rubio for U.S. Senate 2016 Campaign |Jacksonville, FL| Campaign Intern Aug-Nov 2016
• Coordinate schedules and logistics for events during campaign regarding media inquiries & event security.
• Lead door to door surveys & tracked responses to develop data to reshape trajectory of local campaigning.
• Directed phone banks to recruit volunteers and to generate volume of campaigning amongst local residents.
• Standardized event promotion using Eventbrite & tracked attendance digitally to unify information & reach.
• FSU Flying High Circus Club (Vice-President) 2019-Present
o Orchestrate Fundraising to support club endeavors and activities. Directed team to organize travel plans for conferences and events for educational and networking experiences. Assist President in task.
• FSU Association of Environmental Professionals 2017-Present
o Attend meetings and assist in outreach to students to engage them on environmental & natural resource issues. Create dialogues and network with people in the environmental industry.
• FSU College Republicans 2018- Present
• Campus Community Communication 2017- Present
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• iCall360 & iWalk360 campaigning tools for canvasing neighborhoods and collecting data.
• Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Snapchat.
• Google Docs
Environmental, Recycling, Trash, Waste Management, Natural Resources, Energy, Sustainability, Utilit