undra Smith is a passionate Apparel Design leader with a strong vision able to drive a unified approach to execute complete private label or branded product from concept to completion. A true innovator, bringing years of experience in multiple product categories and market segments of women’s apparel. A visionary, able to identify and drive appropriate fashion trends with an elevated taste level an excellent print and color aesthetic who is committed to delivering a brand experience to delight its customers. A creative yet strategic thinker able to retain a big picture of view, recognized for digging into a brand DNA and positioning it for growth by creating new business opportunities as well as launch new extensions. Dedicated to elevating aesthetic combined with a strong for fit, detail, and quality balanced with merchandising and business acumen. A career that has shown professional strength in wholesale, vertical and e-commerce retail, excelling at a full range of apparel including a strong eye for plus sizes. A dynamic and proactive leader, building relationships internally and externally. Accomplished at team building, mentoring, and retaining engaged teams along with a collaborative approach and straws strong cross functional skills. And inspiring communicator able to create compelling presentations and explain strategies to broad range of team members.
* Global experience in design and product development
* Hands on “roll up your sleeves” approach to design follow thru.
* Strong understanding of sourcing and costing.
* 10+ years of consistent overseas travel.
* Trend spotting and strong comp inspirational international shopping.
* Knowledge and experience in women’s woven, knits and sweaters.
* Excellent technical skills, high level understanding of garment construction
* Plus size innovator.
* Fabric and yarn development experience in Europe and Asia.
* Process and technology driven.
* Talent mentor and coach.
* Results driven; drives superior performance.
* Strategic thinker; analyzes, understands, and anticipate market and industry
* Strong communicator with the ability to influence