Pilar Del Rio
Boca Raton, FL, 33433
Experienced international business professional with breadth of experience in credit analysis, finance, and customer service. Bilingual verbal and written skills (Spanish/English) used in partnering easily with domestic and international strategic customers resulting in increased sales and company profits with the ability to analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions.
• Technology: SAP, PeopleSoft, Adobe, Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Outlook: Time Management course. Typing, filing, routine procedural processing and maintaining records.
• Finance: Credit analysis and collections, Red Flag fraud training, interpretation of financial reports and inventory management
• International Business: Experience with Central American, Latin American and Canadian global businesses.
Bachelor of Science, Business Studies, International Management, Southern New Hampshire University, (Manchester, New Hampshire) -2/2016
Associate of Science, Criminal Justice Studies, Marian Court College,
(Swampscott, MA) 7/2012
A/R Reconciliation/Collections Specialist- International, SBA (Boca Raton, FL)
• Review and research high volume of transactions: identifying root causes of discrepancies and documenting appropriately. Discuss findings with management including local office on each Latin America country.
• Identify, review and prepare account adjustments. Resolve client discrepancies, disputes and short payments. Monitor and maintain international customer relationships.
• Monitor international company bank accounts by reconciling and identifying client's cash deposits belonging to the AR department. Research payment back up information, working with clients and international local offices to achieve the correct application of the deposits on clients’ company accounts. Gather AR cash deposits bank data for daily, weekly and monthly monitoring.
• Other projects and duties as assigned including cash application, develop reports for specific needs related to the reconciliation and monitoring of payment pertaining to the AR department.
A/R Credit Analyst, Greenlane Distributors (Boca Raton, FL)
• Process new and existing customers credit applications. Ensure all paperwork and licenses are submitted alone with the application. Research business entity on each State to make sure the business is registered and active.
• Develop and manage analysis of individual credit status, risk and credit limit and payment terms assessment based on sales, payment history, credit reports and financial statements.
• Create financial and credit analysis from publicly traded companies in the U.S and Canada by looking into financial statements, company news and financial summaries. Submit final analysis to company executives for credit line and payment terms approval.
• Review vendor set up forms and W9 forms to set up non-inventory and inventory vendor accounts.
• Side projects: Develop credit application checklist, modify current open terms and prepaid only customer application forms by using Adobe, modify Vendor Set up SOP. Run customer report on excel and ensure the account has the correct licenses on ------------.
Credit Analyst, Newell Brands. (Boca Raton, FL)
• Establish and/or recommend credit lines for trade customers based on financial condition, liquidity analysis, payment history, trade references, credit ratings, sales input, market conditions, and other risk factor. Depth of analysis is dependent on the volume and level of risk.
• Maintain the A/R system credit controls for the order processing credit check and optimal order flow. Negotiate and resolves order exceptions promptly to keep the product flowing, minimize risk and resolve delinquency. Execute periodic review for the assigned customer portfolio to keep the analysis current.
• Communicate effectively, plan and organize work with the sales and service organizations to the credit status and any related order flow issues.
• Provided evidence of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform financial analysis and recommended credit and collection action based on the circumstances-reclamation as well as assisting with the A/R integration effort.
Credit Analyst, Randstad Professionals, Inc., (Woburn, MA)
• Process financial background checks for all new and existing clients using Dunn and Bradstreet Inc., Hoovers, and Credit Edge financial reports. Monitor news media regarding financial news updates.
• Analyze financial information and use sound judgment determining credit worthiness, recommend granting/declining credit approval within 24-hour period. Results are tracked in monthly Excel reports.
• Perform Accounts Receivable analysis and account reconciliation for clients monthly.
• Track credit profiles, log associated information, and note Collector’s Aid for credit results.
Credit and Collections Analyst, Avnet Electronics, (North Reading, MA)
• Maintain current collection percentage at 90%+ per company metrics or as targeted on a quarterly basis.
• Manage a $10 million dollar international portfolio for Central and Latin American sales accounts. Research information needed to collect on past due accounts, open or close credits on the accounts and apply payment remittance advice to close outstanding invoices.
• Develop positive relationships with the sales team, customers, work colleagues, and deal effectively with others in person-to-person situations in order to provide excellent customer service.
• Make payment arrangements to release sales orders that are suspended.
• Efficiently evaluate and process new accounts requests, verifying accuracy of applicant information.
Customer Service Representative, Delta Electronics, (Beverly, MA)
3/2008 – 10/2009
• Create sales quotations for customers of radio frequency, microwave and millimeter wave connector products.
• Troubleshoot customers’ questions regarding company products and utilization specifics.
• Prepare weekly Excel inventory reports from the distributors’ stock items. Organize and track sales orders and customer quotations efficiently.
• Process and ensure accuracy of new and repeat sales orders. Appropriately apply credit card payments to orders
Collections Analyst, US Food Service, (Everett, MA)
12/2006 – 10/2007
• Review daily and weekly credit reports to ensure accounts are current. Place past due accounts on credit hold.
• Develop action plans to ensure the control and collection of accounts. Send demand for payment letters to customers that have delinquent accounts.
• Facilitate communication as a liaison between sales department, customers, and collections team to arrange payment plans and ensure managerial approval.
• Develop customer payment guidelines for sales organization and ensure effective communication about past due accounts and payment agreements.