Shaquita L. Kelly
Health Science Professional
To obtain a health/science related position that will allow me to utilize my education, professional work experience and commitment to the health science profession. The ideal position would involve the use of teamwork, problem-solving, and leadership skills that I have gained as an intern, athlete and employee & volunteer teaching assistant. Obtain a position where I can maximize my educational background, strong organizational skills, and ability to work well with children & adults.
Under the supervision of a Senior Physical Therapist I performed the following: while obtaining my observation hours.
Assisted patients to dress, undress, and put on and remove supportive devices, such as braces, splints, and slings.
Measured patients' range-of-joint motion, body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of treatments or for patient evaluations.
Bachelor of Arts & Science- Biology Health Science & Pre-Physical Therapy
Alcorn State University GPA: 3.5 Cum Laude – Graduate CPR & BLS Certified.
Resident/Graduate Assistant- ALCORN STATE UNIVERSITY Aug 2013 –Dec 2015
• Promoted academic excellence, addressed student needs, and encouraged involvement among residents in a way that supported the mission of the University and the Department of Housing and Residence Life. Created and developed a positive living environment designed to link community, faculty, and residents. Marketed and Led students centered hall programs to promote social, education, diversity, health, emotional, understanding and growth. Created budgets and allocated money for residence hall and floor events
Intern-Ki OR July 2013 – Aug2013
Ki OR is a next-generation renewable fuels company that has developed a proprietary technology platform to convert biomass into renewable crude oil that is processed into gasoline, diesel and fuel oil blends tocks. My position was working in a hydro-treated laboratory.
Student Assistant (J.D. Boyd Library)-ALCORN STATE UNIVERSITY June 2011- May 2013
• Managed the circulation desk to include: processing inter-library loans, reserving books, answering phones and supervising computer use. Reserved, tracked use and setup rooms, audiovisual equipment and other technology for faculty and students. Collected overdue and damaged materials payments that were deposited for replenishment and petty cash fund.
Teaching assistant-Southside Elementary May-2013-2014
Volunteering in a primary school and provide support to the classroom teachers in developing study materials for students and experience working with children and assisting teachers
• High level of patience and love for teaching children
• Excellent ability to understand children's psychology and plan teaching materials
• Supervising children during classes, lunch, recess, and sports hours. Supported daily classroom activities and helped students with their assignments. Ability to coordinate with teachers and school staff.
United Cargo/ United Airlines Mar 2015- Present
• Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction. Also the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
• Has thick skin and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers. Has a
Pleasant, patient and friendly attitude. Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills. Strong decision making and analytical abilities. Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for Future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking.
Handle issues in the best interest of both customer and company
• Answer/Make phone calls from or to prospective students
• Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements
That positively impacts the customer’s experience.
Kingwood Medical Center/Ambassador May 2016- Present-PRN-WEEKEND
Show leadership, professionalism, pride and the desire to promote Kingwood Medical as an institution while delivering superior customer service at all times. Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
• Greet and provide directions, general information and assistance to visitors, students and staff.
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS – Alcorn State University Track and Field & Soccer, Ecology Club, Biology Club, National Biological Honor Society, /Tri Beta Club (Treasurer) and National Society of Leadership &Success, Delta epsilon Iota. Dean’s List 2010-2011, National Honor Society, Dean's Scholar-2013-2014.Presidential scholars 2014-2015.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST