Student Ambassador at the UC Santa Barbara Annual Fund
- History of using successful sales strategies
and techniques designed to raise money for on-campus student programs at UCSB.
Strong background in fundraising and sales.
- Content, media, and marketing experience acquired after a Founding Editor position at The Tab UCSB which required out-of-state responsibilities.
- Refined relationship-building skills and experience from
working collaboratively with customer-facing sales staff to meet individual, company, and team goals.
UC Santa Barbara Annual Fund, Santa Barbara, CA
January 2016 – Present
Joined to fundraise for essential student programs based on interpersonal, leadership, and team-oriented skills. On track to reach $40,000 in total by the end of the current academic quarter.
• Participation rate of about 70%
• Acquired roughly 40% of fundraising dollars on a credit card
• Raised over $20,000+ during most recent, active quarter
• Represents UCSB as an active liaison between past and present students who obtained graduate, or undergraduate degrees from the university
Founding Editor/Senior Writer
The Tab UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA
January 2016 – September 2016
Played a critical role in assembling and organizing our first team of writers, in addition to editing our first nine months’ worth of stories. Facilitated meetings, interviews, and conversations with team members to create the best content. Regularly worked with the team’s growth manager to drive publication awareness.
• Edited 50+ of the team’s stories in addition to writing 13 originals
• Responsible for generating over 20k views and 2,422 shares
• Communicated routinely with superiors based out of New York to discuss marketing ideas, content creation, and content strategy
Fundraising & Sales
Digital & Online Marketing
Ability to work in a team structure
Strong sense of self-awareness
Understands the Importance of Online Content
Personally fundraised $35,000+ in four academic quarters at the UCSB Annual Fund
Raised at least $5,000 for the past three quarters
20k+ Views on Originally Published Content
Media and Marketing Experience
Experience with stories and content at an online news organization
B.A. in Psychology (TMP) Technology Management Program Certificate In-Progress University of California Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA
La Habra High School, diploma with honors