Social Media Marketing-Graphic Designer
Experienced leader with a highly demonstrated history of working in social media marketing. Skilled in written and verbal communications, graphic design, public speaking, collaboration, creativity, and strategic campaigns. Graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) focused in Graphic Communications and Marketing from Northern Michigan University. Visit ------------ for more information.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE: GRAPHIC COMMUNICATION/MARKETING
Northern Michigan University
Overall GPA: 3.6
Teach for America || Memphis, TN || June 2017-June 2018
• Selected from approximately 40,000 applicants nationwide to join national teacher corps comprised of leaders who commit to teaching in public schools.
• Participated in an intensive cultural understanding training program to develop the skills and knowledge needed to achieve significant gains in student achievement in a low-income community.
• Completed engagement in a comprehensive program of professional development including seminars, discussion groups, workshops, and content/professional learning communities specific to license areas.
• Sought opportunities to cultivate the talents of students.
• Maximized student learning experiences through positive classroom management.
• Communicated effectively with parents to ensure all questions and concerns were thoughtfully answered.
• Educated parents on how to work with their students at home on a one-to-one basis to meet personal student growth goals and provided needed materials.
• Developed and implemented student-centered lessons for a diverse classroom with special and regular education students.
• Responded to violations of the school and district rules including threats, fighting, sexual misconduct, etc. and completed documentation.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND DESIGN ASSISTANT
Northern Michigan University || Marquette, MI || May 2015-June 2017
• Implemented campaigns on different social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, Facebook, Tumblr, and Snapchat.
• Created the first official Northern Michigan University Snapchat account for the university that organically grew 5000+ domestic and international followers targeting prospective students within six months.
• Maintained a creative process providing content that engaged with the consumer.
• Compiled and utilized data analytics to determine consumer desires in order to encourage engagement.
• Attended weekly meetings and worked independently to meet deadlines.
• Used Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Edge Animate, After Effects, and InDesign on a daily basis to create social media and web content as well as print materials.
• Assisted in all other office operations including editing the quarterly produced Northern magazine, creating web assets, video editing, and more.
Northern Michigan University || Marquette, MI || June 2016-June 2017
• Worked closely with sixty non-traditional or senior on-campus apartment tenants to encourage their success as student by facilitating questions about personal, social, academic, or maintenance concerns.
• Facilitated social media for on-campus apartments to create an online community allowing a platform for tenants to communicate despite the distance of their building.
• Overlooked the apartment government for campus involvement that led to overall first place in homecoming competition.
• Confronted students regarding inappropriate behavior and responded
to emergency situations to ensure the safety of the surrounding
• Responded to violations of the student code including; alcohol, drug, noise, etc. and completed documentation.
Northern Michigan University || Marquette, MI || August 2014-August 2015
• Worked with 40 students on a daily basis to create and maintain positive relationships and community.
• Confronted students regarding inappropriate behavior and responded to emergency situations.
• Responded to violations of the student code including alcohol, drug, noise, etc. and completed documentation.
• Initiated follow up with residents after documentation for violations of
the student code to educate and communicate the effect the violation on
• Mediated conflicts between students as needed.
• Assisted in the development of house expectations with residents in regards to quiet hours, common area expectations, etc.
• Instilled in residents the fundamental requirements of community life and promoted an environment in which residents valued the community and took responsibility for their own actions.
• Attended weekly staff meeting to collaboratively solve problems and issues, continue training, and provide support to other staff members.
ORIENTATION STAFF ASSISTANT
Northern Michigan University || Marquette, MI || Summer 2014
• Selected as one of ten orientation staff assistants from nearly 200 applicants.
• Led group discussions and activities of 25 to 500 incoming undergraduate students and their parents.
• Maintained a high energy level of enthusiasm and stamina when working
• Attended and extensive two week training that ensured my basic knowledge of the university’s student services.
• Demonstrated flexibility, creativity, humor and dedication.
Adobe After Effects
Mac and PC
Northern Michigan University
Member of program designed for students to develop a wide range of leadership skills and gain real world experience that complements the skills learned in the classroom. Logged over 400 hours of experience in community engagement, diversity awareness, leadership development, and real-world experience.
Northern Michigan University
One of fifty students selected to participate in a two-year leadership program. Completed leadership course and an internship with over 100 hours of community service that focused on structuring a children’s volunteer program to develop leadership skills.
2017 Juried Senior Art Exhibition, Devos Art Museum, Marquette, MI - First Place (Jurors: Full Time Art and Design Faculty)