Jack of All Trades Media Specialist
MATTHEW W. MUMMEY
VideoEditor June 2016 – Present
• Edit video into voiceovers, sound-on-tape and news packages according to producer’s instructions for our daily newscasts.
• Import video packages, stringer video and photographer footage via FTP, correct mistakes and export them for our daily newscasts.
• Re-track and edit news packages imported from ABC Extreme Reach.
• Create custom maps and graphics using Adobe Photoshop and After Effects according to producer’s instructions.
• Send video and graphic elements to field reporters via ------------.
• Record live satellite feeds to archive for later use.
• Record footage from studios to use in news packages.
Technical Director November 2015 – May 2016
• Prepared studio sets for live and recorded news segments.
• Loaded needed graphics into XPression Studio prior to recording.
• Operated video playback decks, graphics systems, production switcher and teleprompter during recorded newscasts.
• Called out live audio cues to audio board operator.
• Recorded and cut footage on Nexio Amp video server.
• Operated teleprompter or graphic systems during live newscasts.
October 2010 – November 2015
• Loaded and updated all scheduled videos into CinemaLive HD and Galileo programs.
• Recorded daily videos on Harris Nexio Amp video server, inspected them for errors and electronically filed them on the FTP server.
• Maintained all video and audio levels at AccuWeather and NTSC standards.
• Edited daily Weather Snapshot and other video packages on Final Cut Pro.
• Checked the local AccuWeather channel and ------------ to ensure the proper videos were airing.
• Answered calls from clients to address customer service concerns or schedule live interviews.
• Served as technical director and producer for live interviews.
• Served as director, technical director, floor director, sound board operator or VTR operator during AccuLive webcasts.
• Properly maintained and stored all audio visual equipment.
December 2009 – April 2011
C-NET: Government and Education Access for Centre County
• Assisted field producers with the set-up of all audio and video equipment.
• Operated camera and recorded meetings on Mini DV tapes and FireStore hard drives.
• Operated soundboard and maintained proper audio levels.
Assistant Video Director
October 2004 – October 2006
Keystone Championship Wrestling Entertainment
• Organized all video, recording, sound, and camera equipment for each show.
• Managed the switchboard between two cameras to capture live action.
• Operated soundboard and played music cues for the show.
• Operated camera at ringside to capture action shots.
• Operated DVD recorder to record a 2.5 hour show.
• Addressed all technical problems before and during the show.
• Trained new employees on equipment and operations.
EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTER SKILLS
• Cameras - Canon XH-A1S HD Professional Camcorder, Ikegami HDL 40 HD Camera, Panasonic P2HD Camcorders, Panasonic AG-HMC 40P HD Camcorder, Sony HXC-100 Cameras, Sony Robotic Remote Camera Controls.
• Audio Mixers - Shure M367 Six Input Portable Audio Mixer, Sony SRX 700 Audio Mixers, Mackie VLZ Series Mixers, Yamaha DM 2000 Audio Board.
• Studio Production Switchers - Sony MFS 2000 Production Switchers, Grass Valley Production Switchers Model 1200, Ross Carbonite Production Switchers.
• Router Systems - Grass Valley Acappella Routing System, Harris Platinum Routers, Evertz Quartz Router Panels.
• Video Control Decks – DNF Controls Model ST300/304.
• Intercoms - Clearcom Eclipse Intercoms.
• Teleprompters – Autoscript Teleprompters.
• Software - Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Motion, Apple Compressor 4, Harris Velocity ESX, Harris Nexio Amp Video Servers, NXOS DDRs, WinPlus X Ultra Prompter Software, BTV Pro Carbon, Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro Advanced, various Internet applications.
• Livestreaming - Livestream for Producers, Black magic Media Express, XSplit Broadcaster
• Media/Content Management - Brightcove Video Cloud, AP ENPS
• Graphical Systems - CinemaLive HD, Galileo, XPression Studio
• Knowledge of AP writing style.
• Experience with PC and Macintosh platforms.
The Pennsylvania State University, Altoona, PA Bachelor of Arts, Communications, May 2006 Minor: History
Dean’s List: eight out of eight semesters.
Graduated with high distinction.
Financed education through academic scholarships.