SAGA Innovations New York, NY
SAGA Fellow Fall 2016-June 2017
• Conduct in the school math tutorials for high school students with high-needs in inner city school.
• Generate customized lessons and personalized teaching methods for students, including students with individualized
education plans (IEP).
• Provide socio-emotional support to students in line with relationship based tutoring model.
• Maintain weekly phone contact with families regarding student’s progress.
Huntington Learning Center Brooklyn, NY
Intern Summer 2016
• Counsel students on their satisfaction with their progress, their relationship with teachers, and how it can be improved.
• Gave the students entry exams. Carried out entry assessments to determine the students’ specific needs, and how a course can
be geared towards their optimal improvement.
• Created the Teachers schedule to determine when they are going to come in and tutor the students.
Loyola University Maryland- Center of Community Service and Justice Baltimore, MD
Student Administrative Assistant (Intern) Fall 2013-Spring 2016
• Organized committees and prepared staff gatherings including special events (i.e. holiday parties, Celebration of service,
• Directed weekly emails about sustainability to students and staffs.
• Organized reminder e-mails to the entire staff about office and campus-wide events.
• Coordinate transportation to and from community service sites.
St. Elizabeth School Baltimore, MD
Intern Sep 2015 – Dec 2015
• Taught students with disability ranging from elementary to high school level students a variety of subjects, including math
and art therapy.
• Assisted students with academic and recreational activities.
• Followed routines and behavioral plans for all students.
The Urban Assembly- Bridge to College New York, NY
College Counselor Summers 2013- 2015
• Guided High school students through their college application process.
• Assisted the graduating seniors in applying for financial aid .
• Developed strong relationships with the high school students.
The Nature Conservancy (LEAF) Camp Verde, AZ
Intern July 2011- Aug 2011
• Managed an agricultural field by removing invasive plants so they do not harm the native plants and destroy the
communities’ food source.
• Educated middle school children about nature and conservation issues in their local neighborhoods.
• Worked with invasive and native plants.
• Learned about endangered birds to help preserve their habitat.
Volunteer and Campus Activities
African Students Association Baltimore, MD
Event Coordinator Fall 2015 – Spring 2016
• Manage and coordinate events throughout the academic year.
• Maintained discipline and organization during African Heritage showcases, so that events go off without a hitch.
• Spoke with clients, listening to their needs and presenting ideas and solutions to their requirements.
Loyola University Maryland- ALANA Baltimore, MD
Mentor Fall 2015- Spring 2016
• Initiated and maintained contact with three mentees weekly.
• Provided moral support, established rapport, and spent quality time with freshman in developing a positive attitude towards
academic achievement and personal adjustment.
• Worked in uniformity with other mentors for duration of program.
Encounter El Salvador San Salvador, El Salvador
Service trip May 2015- May 2015
• Established an appreciation for social justice issues by meeting with and learning from a variety of local groups and
• Recognized the value of accompanying the Salvadoran people in their struggle for justice.
• Developed an understanding of personal responsibility to foster change and promote human dignity in the face of oppressive
African Student Association Baltimore, MD
Treasurer Fall 2014 - Spring 2015
• Maintained relationship between club, event funders and vendors.
• Managed budget for club.
Mother Seton Academy Baltimore, MD
Tutor Spring 2013
• Tutored middle school children from Baltimore area schools in basic subjects.
• Fluent in English and Yoruba.
• Knowledge of SPSS (i.e. syntax, descriptive statistics, chi-squared, analysis, ANOVA, regression).
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Organize/Plan Events.
• Budgeting money.
• International Travel.
• Diversity issue.
• Sustainability projects.
• Community Service.
• Working with children.
tutor, children, sports, organized