Summer Camp Instructor
On-farm volunteer orientation June 21st or July 2nd, lettuce know which date works for you or we’re happy to discuss other training options to fit your schedule
Summer 2019 camp dates: June 24-28, July 8-12, July 22-26, July 29 – Aug 2, Aug 12-16
Summer camp volunteers will assist the camp instructors leading small groups of children ages 4-13 during day camp. As a volunteer you will help provide a successful camp experience for campers by keeping them engaged through facilitating a variety of educational games and activities. Volunteers typically work with the same small camp group throughout the week, assisting the Summer Camp Instructor of that group.
● Assist camp instructors with summer camp activities
● Assist with behavioral management of campers
● Help ensuring safety of campers
● Assist in setup and clean-up of daily camp activities; arriving an hour before and staying about an hour after the campers each day (usually 8am-4pm)
● High-energy and flexible
● Self-driven and motivated
● Interest in outdoor education
● Ability to do light physical work, including standing for several hours
● Age 14 or older; camper siblings & parents/guardians are encouraged to volunteer with us!
● Experience working with children preferred but not required
● Ability to pass a background check and attend on-farm training (let us know if this is a barrier, we are happy to discuss options and work with your schedule!)
● Great experience to add to a resume or college application
● 40+ community service hours per week
● Enjoy the natural beauty of Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center in the Snoqualmie Valley
● Have a fulfilling experience connecting children to nature and food systems
● Make new friends and network with other passionate educators and farmers
● Bring home fresh, seasonal, organic produce every day!
Session Date Theme Ages Camp Hours
1 June 24 – 28 Farm & Forest Homes 4 - 6 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
2 July 8 – 12 Dig In! 7 - 11 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
4 July 22 – 26
July 29 – August 2 Dig In!/Dig Deeper
Farm & Forest Homes 4 – 6 / 11-13
7 - 11 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. / 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
5 August 12 – 16 Dig In!/Dig Deeper 4 – 6 / 11-13 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
How to Apply:
Applications are located at xxx-xxx-xxxx
If interested, please email or snail-mail your application form to:
Oxbow Farm and Conservation Center
10819 Carnation-Duvall Road NE
Carnation, WA 98014
If you have any questions, please callxxx-xxx-xxxx ext. 3 or send an email to xxx-xxx-xxxx.
farming, gardening, education, environmental, youth, health, food, unpaid, volunteer, farm