Please note that this position is fixed-term, non-exempt, non-benefited and not remote.
The Stanford Alumni Association (SAA) is seeking energetic Reunion Registration Coordinators to join the Event Services team in supporting the Stanford Reunion Homecoming 2022 event. This position will report directly to the Events Registration Manager and work closely with other Reunion team members at SAA. The Reunion Registration Coordinator will have a key role in providing registration assistance and customer service for approximately 10,000+ alumni and guests.
Reunion Homecoming is a multi-day event held on October 20-23, 2022, at Stanford University. We welcome alumni back to campus to reconnect with classmates and attend various events.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Reunion team of staff and volunteers to ensure an organized and seamless Reunion registration process for all returning alumni and guests.
- Provide outstanding customer service to the 10,000+ alumni and guests who register.
- Resourceful to answer questions and resolve issues for alumni and guests.
- Process phone and mail-in Reunion registrations and submit payments into the Cvent platform.
- Provide and maintain accurate registration records and reports, and respond to staff and volunteer needs for updated registration information.
- Ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of data entry in all registration processes.
- Staff the on-site check-in area throughout the duration of Reunion.
- Contribute to a detailed job training binder.
- Special projects, as assigned, including assisting SAA staff with non-registration Reunion tasks and possibly other event registration assistance as needed.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
-Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (phone, email and in-person).
-Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends leading up to Reunion, as well as overtime hours during Reunion weekend (October 20-23, 2022).
-Commitment for the duration of the job is essential (August 1 - November 4, 2022).
-General office experience is a plus, including data-entry.
-Related experience in project coordination is helpful.
-Ability to work effectively with staff, clients and the Stanford community.
-Extreme attention to detail and organization is essential.
-Ability to prioritize, self-motivate and follow through on tasks and assignments with limited supervision.
-Ability to solve problems and work effectively in an active team-oriented environment.
-Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks, meet numerous deadlines, respond quickly and tactfully to concerns and problems, and make sound decisions.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
-Skilled on a PC and proficient with office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Suite) is a plus.
-Familiarity with the Cvent registration platform is preferred, but not required.
-Familiarity with general accounting principles and duties is very helpful.
-Familiarity with Stanford University is preferred but not required.
-Ability to drive a car/service vehicle and possess a valid California driver’s license is preferred.
Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds of program supplies and equipment.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that may include employment history, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and where applicable, a credit check and/or driving record.
The position salary is $21 an hour, plus occasional overtime pay (please note that this rate of pay is non-negotiable).
How to apply:
We invite you to apply for this position by sending your application to Athena Serapio at ------------. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume. Please no phone calls at this time.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.