Facilities Services Assistant
As a Facilities Services Assistant you will serve as a key resource for internal and external clients in office, and will perform a combination of the following tasks, based on specific location requirements: pantry and print area stocking and maintenance; assisting in office workstation moves; providing backup reception support; ensuring conference/meeting rooms are set up, audio-visual equipment functioning and catering needs for meetings are met; collection and delivery of mail and newspaper, office supplies; responding to facilities-related issues (e.g. lighting, HVAC, furniture repairs, etc.); miscellaneous other duties. You are expected to work as a team player in achieving practice objectives and meeting defined service level targets.
• Monitor the local Facilities Services mailbox and respond promptly to inquires as directed by the Facilities Services Manager.
• Help to maintain the overall cleanliness and order/organization of the office space. Ensure office equipment is properly maintained.
• Work with building management, office management, Corporate Real Estate and outside vendors to arrange for repairs and maintenance relative to office furnishings, fixtures, equipment, space, and services.
• Support maintenance of local asset inventory listings.
• Support maintenance of up-to-date floor plans
• Assist with the coordination of workstation moves and other space adjustments to meet business needs.
• Support Corporate Real Estate activities as necessary.
Perform all duties related to the reception including call and visitor handling.
Meet, greet and announce visitors in a professional manner.
Ensure visitors are identified in accordance with security procedures, and are given necessary safety information.
Conference/Meeting Room Setup and Catering:
• Ensure conference rooms and meeting rooms are stocked with equipment and/or refreshments daily, as required.
• Organize catered meals and provision of special equipment, as required.
• Perform daily maintenance and inventory of basic meeting room equipment such as speaker phones, tables and chairs, projector screens, lighting and heating/air conditioning.
• Proactively ensure that excellent housekeeping standards are maintained in conference/meeting rooms.
• Communicate and liaise regularly with associates booking conference rooms to verify requirements and expedite changes.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with caterers and local vendors.
• 02+ years’ experience in a professional office environment providing general office support
• Relevant experience in printing and production
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with clients, vendors and associates on the phone and in person
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Ability to adapt to different people, situations and changing priorities with grace and flexibility as well as demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency
• Reliable and punctual
• Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
• A strong focus on detail and accuracy of work
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to communicate openly and effectively both verbally and in writing in business standard English and in local language as appropriate
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Outlook
• Knowledge of AV equipment and limited technology in a meeting environment
• Heaving lifting may be required
• May require additional time commitment outside of normal business hours
• High School diploma, certificate or official equivalent