Location: 2757 Melendy Dr, San Carlos, CA 94070
Camp Dates: 2/20 - 2/24 (one additional move-in day - date TBD)
Camp Hours: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm (actual staff shifts will vary, and hours on the final camp day may be extended)
Average Pay: $17.25-$19.25 per hour
At Steve & Kate's, we put kids in the driver’s seat, and staff come along for the ride. Campers choose minute-to-minute how to spend their time because making decisions today helps to build the self-confidence they’ll need to wrangle unknowns tomorrow. Sound like something you can get behind? If so, we're looking for team members who are motivated babysitters, teachers, coaches, students, athletes, artists, and anyone ready to play hard and be goofy. As a Steve & Kate’s staff member, you’ll sharpen your inherent leadership skills and do meaningful work, all while immersing yourself in creativity and play.
Staff members will be responsible for facilitating activities, making connections, and monitoring safety and wellness. While some counselors are stationed at activities as campers choose where they would like to spend time, others will serve in a support role. The best way to find out what your specific responsibilities would be is to speak with your local director, but activities include sewing, stop-motion animation, maker space, performing arts, arts and crafts, lounging, and so much more!
· Actively supervising campers
· Ensure compliance with Camp Policies
· Reporting & Recording details of notable concerns or incidents and of injuries to campers, other staff members, or self
· Keeping track and being aware of camper allergies and dietary restrictions
How do you know if you’re the right candidate?
· Does the idea of guiding kids while they make decisions for themselves excite you?
· Are you comfortable leading groups of kids on your own while still collaborating with a team?
· Do you have the stamina to keep up (literally) with 4-12 year olds bursting with energy and creative potential? And, can you bench press a kindergartener (just kidding -- can you lift up to 40lbs)?
· At least 16 years of age with a high school diploma or GED required
· Minimum of 2 months experience working with camp–age children, with 1 year preferred, in either a professional, personal, or volunteer setting.
· First Aid & CPR certified prior to Day 1 of Camp (some locations may require additional certifications)
· Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to ensure compliance with enhanced health and safety protocols and to keep themselves and others safe and free from illness