Youth Sports Coach
Earn $25/hour to make a local impact and teach sports to young children!
Do you love working with youth, playing and teaching sports and wellness, and designing your own FUN curriculums? As a Youth Sports Coach with ANTS (America's Next Talented Stars), you'll lead or assist your own weekly after school program at one of our Bay Area partner elementary schools. We offer programs in tennis, basketball, yoga, soccer, and more! If interested and your schedule permits, you may coach different sports multiple days of the week. Programs begin in January 2020 and last through the spring, with programs occurring once/week and resuming in the fall semester. Time commitment is 1-8 hrs per week, depending on how many programs you coach. We provide all necessary training, equipment, and support. Being an ANTS Coach is a great way to get involved with youth and serve the community. Come join our team!
To apply: Please respond to this position if interested and we'll reach out about next steps.
- Manage or assist an introductory sports class of 6-12 K-5th students
- Attend an orientation training in person and pick up sports equipment from ANTS
- Teach the FUNdamentals of your sport through a cohesive and game-filled lesson plan
- Interact positively with parents, teachers, and school staff
- Ensure a safe and reliable program by conducting roll call and signing in/out students before and after class
- Set up before and clean up after your program
- Transport all equipment to/from class each week (head coaches only)
Our partner schools are located across Oakland, San Francisco, Walnut Creek and Orinda. We will work with you to ensure your program is in a desirable location based on your area.
Classes generally take place once/week on the same day each week. Classes take places between the hours of 2pm - 4:30pm, so you must be available to coach in the afternoons on your program day. Classes last for one to two hours. Some of our programs offer back-to-back classes for different age groups. To learn about our specific program options, please fill out the application form linked at the top, or reach out to ------------.
- Transportation: Coaches must have reliable transportation to get to their various coaching sites. You may be required to bring equipment to & from class so a vehicle is very helpful.
- Responsible & professional: Arrive on time to each practice and keep accurate attendance. Interact with parents and school staff positively.
- Communication: Have strong communication skills. It is required for coaches to communicate with ANTS, parents, and site staff through email and phone.
- Enthusiastic & fun: ANTS coaches should always be positive role models for our students. We expect that you share our deep beliefs in the larger themes we are promoting: sportsmanship, wellness, and respect. Help make ANTS Sports the highlight of our blossoming athletes' day!
- Patience: Be a patient person who understands young children & the need to develop at their own pace.
- Experience: Experience as a player or coach (at least 2 years) is highly preferred, though not necessarily required.
- Background check: A successful candidate must pass a Federal & State Background Check and/or FBI Fingerprinting (Livescan) and test negative for TB test (within the last 4 year).
For More Information on ANTS programs visit: ------------ or ------------.
About ANTS Sports & Enrichment
Our main goal is to have fun and make a positive impact on the children, programs, and entities we partner with. Come coach with us!
ANTS (America's Next Talented Stars) is the premier Bay Area provider of sports enrichment programs for elementary schools! ANTS strives to make positive life changing impacts on the lives of children through sports. We offer after school programs in sports like tennis, soccer, basketball, martial arts, yoga, and more! We empower our amazing coaches to lead their own weekly curriculums that help young kids explore and fall in love with sports, develop self confidence, and feel part of a team.
sports, youth, coach, teacher, instructor, tennis, mentor, assistant, kids, soccer, trainer