Pomme d’Api Daycare is a Certified Family Child Care Home caring for children 3 months - 3 years old. We are a French immersion daycare located in Cedar Mill, Beaverton.
Our hours of operation are M-F 7:30-5:30.
We are looking for a Teacher Assistant who is passionate about working with young children, can effectively and professionally communicate between staff members and parents, responsible, punctual, organized, a fast learner, and proactive. We are looking for a committed individual that is looking to grow with the program.
On a regular basis the Teacher Assistant would be responsible for (but not limited to):
- safety of the children
- engaging with the children in a positive manner
- aid in implementing activities
- updating children profiles on app
- light cleaning (sanitizing surfaces, dishes, sweeping, cleaning up toys etc.)
- changing diapers (requires you to lift the child up to the changing table; up to 40 lbs)
- light prepping and serving meals
- communicating with the parents and staff
Experience, Training, and Qualifications
Fluency in French
Must have some knowledge of early childhood education – course work or prior experience.
Must have a High School Diploma
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
1st Aid and CPR Certification
Food Handler’s Permit
Recognizing and reporting child abuse and neglect training
Health and safety training
Legal right to work in the US
Salary & Benefits
Salary $13+/hour, based on education and experience
Major holidays paid
OregonSaves Retirement account
Please include in your resume a short self introduction.
Early childhood education, french, teacher, assistant