Child Care Center in Leceister, NC seeks applicants for a cook position. The hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-1:00 PM
We are looking for someone who can:
• Plan menus according to Federal regulations for child-care centers (CACFP).
• Plan for and purchase all food and necessary supplies needed to provide food service for approximately 36 children during the school year, 55 during the summer.
• Prepare breakfast and lunch and plan for snacks for pre-school and school-age children.
• Use basic cooking skills and follow recipes.
• Demonstrate the ability to meet schedules, ie., sees that each meal is ready to be served when scheduled.
• Maintain an orderly, clean and safe kitchen area at all times, including the proper maintenance of equipment.
• Set tables and assist in cleaning the storage, preparation and dining areas.
• Maintains established standards of sanitation, safety and food preparation and storage as set by local and state health departments.
• Have the ability to pass a Criminal Background Check.
• Attend all required staff meetings, workshops and/ or school functions as determined by the director.
• Be able to lift up to 35lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situation.
• Acquire first aid training, as required.
Serv Safe certification highly preferred. Pay depends on training and experience. This is an immediate opening.