A Long Term Medical Scribe Needed!
SuperScribe, LLC was created to bring the fast growing scribe concept to the Atlanta area. Emergency departments and physician offices around the US have adopted scribe programs to improve patient satisfaction, quality of care and profitability while eliminating the burden of charting for physicians. Whether you are a physician or a scribe, SuperScribe looks forward to working with you!
Scribes serve as personal clerical assistants to a physician throughout his or her shift. Their primary responsibility is to thoroughly and accurately document patients’ medical records. Scribes accompany their assigned physician into each patient room to record the medical history and physical exam findings. After leaving the room it is the scribes’ responsibility to track and document all laboratory and radiology studies, then notify the physician of the completed results. Additionally, they research pertinent past medical records, record medications given, procedures and interventions, responses to therapy, and physician consultations.
While some portions of discharge can be completed by Scribes, it is the physicians’ responsibility to assume charts when the time comes to discharge, admit, or transfer care of the patients.
If you are a recent or upcoming Graduate taking some time off before going to Medical, PA or Nursing school this may be the perfect position for you!
HOURS & LOCATIONS:
* Part-time: Monday/Wednesday/Friday- Timeframe of 7:30am - 5:00pm
Approximately 20-25 hours per week.
* Location: Atlanta, GA
* Please Note: When physician is out of the office for vacation the scribe may not have work.
This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in going into the Healthcare field. We are looking for at least a 12 month commitment to the job. Healthcare experience is a plus but not required. To apply, submit your cover letter and resume via this ad or visit our website: ------------.
***This scribe position is for an office setting and is therefore only open to those not currently in school or those in online classes or night school. Please do not summit an application if you do not have open availability on Monday/Wednesday/Friday for the duration of at least 12 months.
Serve as a personal clerical assistant to ENT (Ears, Nose, and Throat) physicians in Atlanta focusing primarily on documentation of patient charts.
* Accompany physician into patient rooms to thoroughly document patients' electronic medical records.
* Document any laboratory and radiology studies.
* Research pertinent past medical records, record medications given, responses to therapy, and physician consultations.
* Grab physician needed supplies.
* Other clerical duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
* At least 18 years of age
* Available for 12+ months
* Experience with computers and typing
* Sharp, motivated, and reliable
* Some knowledge of medical terminology
* Healthcare experience is not required but is strongly preferred
- Medical, PA, Nursing, and EMT students-Medical Coding and Billing experience-Transcription experience
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to type at 50+ words per minute
Medical Terminology, Interest in Medicine, Data Entry Skills, Listening, Written Communication, Admi