Mathnasium of East Sparks, a math-only learning center at …
2888 Vista Blvd. #106
Sparks, NV 89434
Has an opportunity for math instructors to work with students in grades K-12. Instructors work within a strong team environment and, in addition to helping students understand math through Number Sense, assess students using a pre-assessment process to drive student-specific, personalized learning plans.
Instructors will receive training in the Mathnasium Method and Number Sense.
* Exceptional math skills through Algebra II and Geometry, Trigonometry
* Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
* Ability to professionally interact with students and parents
* Energetic and empathetic personality
* Must work well with the established team; we do everything as a team
* Ability to teach students in upper level high school math courses; Calculus a plus
* Previous experience working with elementary, middle and high school students
The learning center environment has one goal ... to ensure each student leaves their visit more confident than when they walked in. We lead with empathy and lean on each other to be our best for our students. We measure student learning cycles with a calendar, not a stopwatch.
We sync with school schedules as much as possible:
During the school year
Our hours are
* Monday 3:00 PM to 7:30 PM
* Tuesday 2:30 PM to 7:30 PM
* Wednesday 1:30 PM to 7:30 PM
* Thursday 2:30 PM to 7:30 PM
* Saturday 10 AM- 1PM
During the summer
Our hours are
* Monday to Thursday 10:00AM to 12:00PM and 4:00PM to 7:00PM
* Friday 10:00AM to 2:00PM
We are flexible and can work with your schedule, ideal for University students with their own demanding class schedules. Please send over your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include details about your math journey and experience working with students in any capacity (volunteering for example) as well as availability.
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you soon.