Mathnasium of North La Mesa is now hiring Math Tutors/Instructors! Are you exceptional at math and love teaching kids? Then, we are looking for you! As a math instructor, you will work with children in grades 2-12. We offer part-time jobs, flexible scheduling, and numerous opportunities to earn raises based on performance. We set ourselves apart by creating an environment that is supportive, encouraging, energetic, and most importantly, FUN!
At Mathnasium, our teaching philosophy is to teach math in a way that makes sense to kids. Our mission is to help every child to understand and master math – it will change their world. We focus on strengthening math fundamentals by building math skills and number sense, and help kids gain confidence in their math knowledge.
The Mathnasium Instructor is responsible for providing exceptional mathematics instruction to students, using the Mathnasium Method, through an expert approach that is both personal and prescriptive. The Instructor is committed to providing outstanding customer service, attending to each individual student’s needs. The Instructor builds a student’s confidence and self-esteem through successful encounters and interactions with carefully selected materials. The Instructor works as part of a team in a Team Teaching environment, where collaboration and communication ensure that all student needs are addressed. The Mathnasium Instructor is vital to the success of students at Mathnasium.
We offer flexible hours on Weekdays from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and Sundays from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. We tutor year-round, making this an opportunity for regular, part-time work. No in-home tutoring.
Pay is based on education and experience. This is a part-time position with advancement opportunities.
Salary: $12.00 to $18.00/hour
• Experience working with children as a teacher, tutor, or mathematics instructor
• Exceptional math skills from basic operations through Algebra II, Trig, and higher math
• Ability to teach students in upper-level high school math courses
• Ability to professionally interact with students, parents, and co-workers
• Empathetic, friendly, personable, energetic, positive, and confident personality
• Passion for education and teaching math
• Ability to actively engage students, maintain student attention, re-engage distracted students, and establish a fun learning environment
• Ability to encourage, motivate, and inspire students to do well
• Adaptable and concise communication skills
• Ability to provide positive constructive feedback to students
• Ability to tutor in a small group setting, moving easily from one student to another, and keeping track of up to four instructional lessons concurrently
• Ability to manage student behavior to create a positive environment that optimizes learning
• Ability to assist in non-teaching tasks, which may include cleaning, administrative assistance, or curriculum preparation
• Reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling duties
• Completed or pursuing a degree in math, education, or related fields preferred
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Must pass a Math employment test that covers elementary to Algebra I math skills
• Successfully complete training
Mathnasium of North La Mesa is located in Fletcher Hills Town & Country Shopping Center at 2828 Fletcher Parkway, El Cajon, CA.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, providing your qualifications and availability.
Mathnasium, math tutor, math instructor, math teacher, children, math,