Title: LINE COOK
Reports to: KITCHEN MANAGER/HEAD CHEF
Frankie’s in Downtown Dallas is seeking a seasoned Line Cook to join our family.
Frankie’s in Downtown Dallas is seeking a seasoned Line Cook to join our family who can deliver a supreme dining experience to guests by preparing high quality meals. We are looking for Line Cooks that are dedicated to their craft and passionate about the hospitality industry. It is important to be a motivated self-starter that possesses a hunger for learning and growing with a team. The line cooks main goal is to ensure that guests will always enjoy exceptional dining experiences. Cleanliness of the food service area and equipment is top priority in this position. The line cook main goal is to execute dishes and food at 100% recipe adherence. The cleanliness of the kitchen area/work area is a top priority. The Cook's responsibility will include maintenance of a safe work environment and proper food and supply storage. The Cook must be able to work well under pressure, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task. Exceed First Class Service standards and behavior with every guest, business partner and peers.
Restaurant Line Cook responsibilities and duties:
• Prepare and properly garnishes all food orders in accordance with menu specifications that result in high qualify of taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues
• Prepares food in a quick/timely manner for service and special functions, insuring that all stations are set for forecasted cover
• Demonstrate recipe knowledge for all food items, making suggestions that improve quality and eliminates waste and ensures that all hot items are hot and cold items are cold
• Maintains health/cleaning standards as established and required by the state and local Health Board inspections
• Prepares food items for next shift/and/or next day on a daily basis
• Rotate food stock/inventory in keeping with industry standards and practices
• Assists in checking coolers and storage areas, for cleanliness, quantity and quality of food products
• Report any equipment failures or service needs
• Participate with the production and preparation of banquet functions
• May assist by performing dishwasher or other kitchen duties as needed
Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Basic knife skills required.
• Basic knowledge of kitchen sanitation and safety required.
• Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time.
• Must have ability to work flexible schedules, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must have ability to lift and carry up to 20lbs.
• Previous experience a must
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
**Competitive hourly rates based on experience!