Prep Cooks, Dishwashers
Local, family-owned and operated pizza restaurant in inner SE Portland is seeking enthusiastic pizza makers, prep cooks, cashiers and dishwashers to share in good times serving true artisan pizza. Come be a part of a fun, extraordinary team offering delicious, quality-driven food and excellent service to our customers. Flexible hours, paid sick leave, shift meals, tip pooling, plus a competitive hourly wage with room to advance and earn more.
From us you can expect the space to be yourself, to have your voice heard, and opportunities for personal growth. This is not a short term gig—we’re looking for exceptional people to join an alternative work environment, and enjoy quality of life while making great money. This is a part-time position and weekend availability is required.
We pride ourselves on a positive work environment—there is no room for bad attitudes or big egos. Because we are a small operation, everyone does everything here: dishes, busing, pizza making, register, etc.
This position is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of an intimate team, have some creative input, and explore culinary possibilities. Our pizzeria consists of electric deck ovens where we do all of our baking and cooking, so pizzeria or bakery experience is a plus.
Duties may include: chopping, slicing and dividing fresh foods; mixing, portioning and packing dough; preparing and assembling salads; organizing food transfers; light cleaning; and of course, making pizza.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Brings a positive attitude and energy to our family-run pizzeria.
• Is punctual and reliable above ALL else.
• Is a team player without an ego. No task is above or beneath you.
• Has prior restaurant experience with bakery or pizzeria experience being a HUGE bonus. Deck oven experience is also preferred.
• Is responsible, reliable, caring, clean, healthy, respectful and at least 21 years old.
• Has excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills (we have an open kitchen, so you will have a lot of interaction with customers!).
• Has a strong work ethic and an ability to work in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
• Someone who loves food, respects the trade, and makes everything they can exceptional.
What We Offer
• 3-4 day work week of 20-25 hours.
• Competitive wage—$13-15/hr.
• Monday and Tuesday’s off! Our pizzeria is closed on Monday’s and Tuesday’s so our staff can rest and balance their lives outside of work. We are also closed on major holidays.
• Free employee meal for each shift plus 20% employee discount on menu items.
• Professional owners who work BOH/FOH so tip share is better than average.
• Flexible scheduling through the 7Shifts app. We have both morning and evening shifts available.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Must have or be able to obtain a current OLCC Service Permit and Oregon Food Handler’s Certificate.
• Basic math computations will be necessary for dividing, weighing and sorting.
• Has at least six months of prep kitchen experience, and is able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to pick up/lift, carry, move, and put down items (up to 50 lbs. individually, or up to 100 lbs. with assistance) on a regular basis throughout the workday. Bending, squatting, reaching and twisting will also be required.
• Basic knife skills.
• Must be able to work a varied schedule of shifts based on the needs of the restaurant (i.e. holidays, weekends, etc.).
• Ability to identify and prioritize your workflow.
We have a great team that love what they do and take pride in their work. If you think you would be a good fit, please contact us today! Note: If hired, all applicants must present evidence of U.S. citizenship or proof of your legal right to work in the United States, and have the necessary food handler's permit.
How To Apply
• Email your resume with information about you and any pizza/bakery experience you have.
• Include (3) professional references, and any schedule restrictions.
• Include your name in the email subject line.
• Please be sure that resume is in either Word or PDF format.
If we feel you’re a good fit, we'll contact you to set up an interview. Thank you!
restaurant, pizza, part-time, food industry, service industry, cashier, line cook, dishwasher