Infant/Toddler Classroom Assistant
The Infant/Toddler Assistant for The Campagna Center Early Childhood Programs is responsible for assisting the Classroom Teachers and/or Assistant Teachers as they work with children enrolled in our early childhood programs. The person must be able to maintain a professional attitude towards the children, the families, and the staff at all times, and be able to communicate professionally and openly. This person must adhere to Campagna Center Policies and Early Childhood Programs Policies. The Early Childhood Programs are guided by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Standards, Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) Licensing Standards and the Head Start Performance Standards.
Early Childhood Education Services
• Supports the Teacher and/or Assistant Teacher as determined by Associate Director
• Implements activities with children with the support and guidance of Teacher and/or Assistant Teacher
• Interacts with children frequently, affectionately, and respectfully at the child’s level
• Acknowledges feelings with sensitivity and models appropriate social behavior
• Fosters children’s positive self-concept by supporting individuality, independence, and the ability to make choices
• Engages with children during meal time by sitting and eating with the children
• Interacts in a manner consistent with the organization’s commitment to anti-bias education
Supervision, Health and Safety of Children
• Maintains and follows all state, federal, and Head Start’s health and safety guidelines
• Knows the numbers of children in direct care and maintains ratios at all times
• Organizes the classroom environment and keeps equipment safe and clean
• Responds immediately and appropriately to multiple or unexpected situations or emergencies
• Maintains confidentiality regarding children and families both in the center and externally
• High School Diploma
• Good oral and writing skills.
• Willingness to participate in cross-cultural training.
• Reliability and dependability.
• Ability to sit on floor, bend, reach and lift children up to 40 lbs.
• Two or more years’ experience working with children in a licensed child development program.
• First Aid/CPR Certification.
education, teaching, non-profit, part-time