Provide other employees with assistance in the kitchen as needed and follow all sanitary and health-related protocols.
Role and Responsibilities
Operate the industrial dishwasher
Wash glassware and other implements by hand when necessary
Empty and clean all trash receptacles
Rotate dishes to reduce wear and tear on resources
Clean dish storage
Follow sanitation policies at all times
Provide assistance to other kitchen staff as needed, especially during peak times
Perform opening, closing and side work
Clean up spills or broken glassware immediately
Report any sanitation or janitorial issues to appropriate party
Perform all other related duties as assigned
Assist in the preparation of dishes in the kitchen. Perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up work stations and ingredients. Quick, diligent and willing to improve on the job and be skillful and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen.Role and Responsibilities
· Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
· Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
· Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
· Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
· Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
· Prepare simple dishes such as side salads, entrees etc.
· Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
· Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
· Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
· Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
· Responsible, Punctual
· Perform all other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
No experience required (we’re willing to train)
High school diploma or GED preferred
Training from a culinary school will be an asset
Excellent critical thinking and time management skills
Ability to operate industrial machinery and carry loads up to 20 lbs
Willingness to work in hot, humid environment and on your feet for 8-hour shifts
Proven experience as prep cook
Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
A team player with good communication skills
Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
Very good physical condition and endurance