The Digital Organizer will help implement (under the direction of our Digital and Communications Manager) Together Colorado’s digital strategy and work to grow the organization’s online profile in a way that advances the organization’s goals and reflects its values.
● Implement online communications to promote Together Colorado’s work in a timely manner (i.e. e-blasts, online petition building, sign-up/RSVP, social media channels)
● Coordinate online fundraising plan and activities
● Design graphics and videos for social channels
● Video and photograph events and public actions
● Manage and update Together Colorado website and various coalition websites on an ongoing basis
● Data entry in multiple systems i.e., EveryAction, Google Docs
● Assist with tracking civic engagement and legislative campaigns
● Event creation, tracking, and data entry
● Database maintenance: eliminate duplicates, undeliverable items, post office returns
● Enter new information provided by Supervisor
● Complete other digital and data projects as assigned
● The Digital Organizer reports directly to and is supervised by the Digital and Communications Manager.
● Strong online writing and content creation skills
● Graphic design, video editing, and HTML/CSS experience preferred
● Some knowledge of CMS and CRM systems, preferably WordPress and EveryAction
● Strong understanding of digital media and online organizing, including social engagement
● Ability to track and analyze metrics related to online action and fundraising efforts
● Desire to test and optimize online tactics to develop best practices
● Capable of compiling data and information into concise reports upon request
● Excellent organizational skills, self-motivator, and ability to drive projects to completion
● Spanish language fluency (written and spoken) preferred
● Discipline and ability to work effectively in a highly unstructured environment
● Desire to learn and openness to challenge
● Use of a car during working hours
● Ability to work evenings and some weekend hours
● Salary: $18-$20 per hour, depending on experience, for up to 19 hours per week
● Mileage: IRS allowable
● Workers comp and unemployment insurance
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Applications: Submit resume and cover letter to ------------ In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
1. How does community organizing build power for community members?
2. What experience do you have in digital organizing?
3. Describe your experience in economic, racial, and social justice work.
social media, strong writing, Denver area