Part Time RDA / Dental Assistant for a clinic in Rancho Cucamonga
Registered Dental Assistants and Dental Assistants performs a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. Key duties associated with assisting the dentist in starting treatment include: utilizing x- ray time to promote the good qualities of the dentist, learning the patient’s expectations while educating them with intra-oral pictures, using effective and anticipatory chair-side skills, and effectively supporting the dentist’s diagnosis after the examination when the patient asks questions.
• Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
• Actively participate in keeping your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual concerns and promoting the good qualities of your doctor.
• Attend to the patient’s individual concerns and expectations.
• Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
• At the direction of the dentist, obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips).
• At the direction of the dentist, complete x-rays and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate.
• Present instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
• Sterilize and disinfect instruments, equipment, and operatories in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
• Must have experience with Coronal polish, digital x-ray exposure, temporary crowns, pit and fissure sealant application, etc.
• Digital X-ray experience, (Nomad Pro) - preferred
• Must have the ability to speak both English/Spanish (preferable)
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration.
RDA, Dental Assistant