Before and After School Program Staff
Healthy Kids Programs is one of the leading child care organizations in New York State, with over 50 sites in Western NY, Hudson Valley and the NYC metro area. We offer high quality, excellent, before and after school programs and summer camps. We are committed to hiring positive, caring staff that will keep our programs at the level we expect. To learn more about our organization go to xxx-xxx-xxxx
We currently are looking to hire staff for the new school year, 2018-19, in the following areas; Child Care Assistants, Site Supervisors and Site Directors in our before/after school programs located in elementary schools located in counties throughout NYS. These positions are part time and follow the school district calendar with summers and holidays off. Our employees must provide warm, nurturing care, assist in daily activities that may include; fitness activities, group games, arts & crafts, reading, homework completion and other activities. Our employees will also ensure program complies with Office of Children and Family Services guidelines, Healthy Kids policies and host school policies.
Times/Hours: General Hours 7:00am-9:00am and 3:00pm-6:00pm
• Child Care Assistants must have High School diploma (or equivalent) OR 1 yr. exp. working with children under 13
• Site Supervisor must have An Associate's degree in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field; or School-age Child Care Credential and 1 yr. working with children less than 13yrs. Or HS diploma or equivalent and 2 yrs. direct exp. with children
• Site Director must have Bachelor’s Degree including, or in addition to, 12 credits in Early Childhood, Child Development or related field AND one year FT teaching exp. in a child day care center, family or group family day care home or other early childhood program AND 1 yr. of exp. Supervising staff
OR the equivalent of a Site Supervisor with 2 yrs full-time teaching exp. In a child, family or group family or other early childhood program AND 2 yrs. Of experience supervising staff
OR School Age Child Care Credential AND 2 years direct experience working with children under the age of 13, including at least 1 yr. in a supervisory capacity
• 21st Century Grant Positions – Activity Specialist, Literacy Coach. If interested email Andrea.
Job Consists of:
• High energy, engaging and a team player
• Warm, friendly, caring and upbeat personality
• Professional, reliable and prompt
• Loves working with students.
• Motivated to work.
• Feels a connection with, can relate to and can communicate effectively to students, parents and day school staff.
• Stays calm under pressure.
• Professional Attitude.
• Punctuality and Attendance. We are looking for people who are committed to punctuality and regular attendance.
• Dress/Personal Appearance should always be neat, clean, well-groomed; similar to other school professional staff.
• May need to submit monthly newsletter, attendance both weekly/monthly, collect paper work from other staff members, schedule fire drills, shelter- in- place drills, complete monthly reports in a timely fashion.
Required Before Beginning Employment:
• Proof of education and or training. This includes official transcripts or certificates.
• Fingerprints and Background Check through the NYS Central Registry.
• Three written references verified by the Program Director and OCFS.
• A physical exam/results of a TB test signed by a medical professional
• A completed criminal history review statement.
• A complete Healthy Kids Extended Day Program employment application and resume.
• All required, on-going training to accumulate 15 hours per year.
Below is a list of our Healthy Kids Before/After School sites
Dutchess County: Beekman, Noxon, Vail Farm, Overlook, RR Smith, North Park, Netherwood, Gayhead, Myers, Evans, Fishkill Plains, Brinckerhoff, Seymour Smith, Elm Drive, Haviland, Arthur S May
Orange County: George G Mason, East Coldenham, Little Britain, Gardnertown, Fort Montgomery, Union Avenue Community Fitness Center, Highland Falls, Walden
Westchester: Woodside, Oakside, Hillcrest, DiChiaro, Montessori 27, Pulaski, School 21, Cross Hill, Park, Brookside, Claremont
Ulster County: Woodstock, Ernest Meyer, Phoenicia
Delaware County: Walton
Green County: Cairo Durham, Catskill
Orleans County: Kendall
Cayuga County: AA Gates
Seneca County: LaFayette Intermediate, Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Genesee County: Oakfield-Alabama, DB Bunce,
Chautauqua County: Silver Creek ES
Chenango County: Unadilla Valley
21st Century Program Sites
Dutchess County: Haviland, Arthur S.May
Orange County: Highland Falls,Walden
Delaware County: Walton
Ulster County: Phoenicia
Greeene County: Catskill
If interested in any of our positions send cover letter with site you are interested in and resume to Andrea at xxx-xxx-xxxx