Title: Banquet Captain
Division: Hotel/Food and Beverage
Reports to: Banquet Manager
Wage: $6.00 + tips
Responsible for ensuring the proper set up and management for any event given by the Banquet Manager.
The incumbent is authorized to take reasonable action necessary to carry out assigned duties and responsibilities, provided such action is consistent with position guidelines as outlined below or though the exercise of sound, reasonable judgment and initiative in the performance of job responsibilities.
Position guidelines include, but are not limited to, established company and department policies and procedures and all supervisory directives.
Summary of essential job functions
1. Work with guests to ensure proper room set up and decoration
2. Supervise cashiers, servers, and bartenders, and assign duties to each as is necessary
3. Monitor cashiers and bartenders to ensure that all cash transactions are properly accounted for
4. Work with guests and the sales catering manager to resolve any issues that may come up
5. Assist the Banquet Manager in ensuring that the billing is done in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Effectively handle any and all situations that may arise during an event and/or shift.
1. Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
2. At least two years server experience required
3. Some cash handling experience required
4. CPR Certification and First Aid training preferred
1. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
2. Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests and employees so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required